Amp fried with new IDMAX 12" D2V3 subwoofer

Username: James330i

Post Number: 1
hi guys,

so i recently upgrade to a 12" IDMAX D2V3. It's a DVC 2ohm sub. I've been running the older Version 2 (same setup) for about 4 years now with a PPI PCX2200 amp bridged to give 800 x 1 at 4 ohms.

So, i take the old sub out, put the new one in...making sure to wire it the same way (in series) to give a 4 ohm load. It's been rocking since Monday...then yesterday, the amp starts to blow fuses like crazy.

It blew the 60 amp AGU fuse again and again upon startup..I ran out of fuses so I put an 80 amp fuse in, but not before disconnecting the sub and RCA input from the receiver to rule those factors out.

It blew again ,but on the 2nd 80 amp fuse i tried, it did not blow, but...

the amp starts smoking. It is fried.

Obviously i will be getting a new amp, but I would like to know if the sub could have anything to do with it. It is marked a 2-ohm sub and I double checked my wiring.
The amp is on the same distro. block as another PPI amp but that one is running fine. The transistors are absoultely fried on the amp....

Any ideas? I'd hate to put a new amp in and have that one go down right away if it is indeed the fault of the sub.

thnx!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us