Starting new

Username: Esonurchess

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 1
i have a 1992 Chevy caprice. i currently have no audio installed in the car. i'm trying to build a system that has great sq, loud and will not have to be upgraded for a while. this is the setup i'm thinking about purchasing. please give me your suggestions. money isn't too much of an issue. i listen to rap and R&B. i rely heavily on my ipod also. thanks for your suggestions

1 RE XXX 12"
1 US Amps AX 3000 DE
Focal K2P 165KS (front and rear)
US Amps AX 4300
3.1 Audio Control EQ
200 Amp alt
extra Optima Blue Top
kenwood kvt 717 head unit

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 198
Where you getting a XXX from? And what year you planning on getting?

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 2
i was planning on ordering the 06 version from Advance Car Creations outta Cali.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 213
Are you aware of the price haha? You can get louder subs, and cleaner subs for the money. The only reason I would ever consider the 06 XXX, it to impress people by the way it looks. But honestly it isn't a very practical for 99% of applications.

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 3
unfortunately i'm aware of the price. at first i was leaning toward a pair of jl 12w6 since i had those in a previous car. what do you suggest? again i'm open to all suggestions.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 221
Just pick up some Stereo Integrity mags. For the same price you could get 2 15's, that can handle 1000rms each, and a Massive P3000.1 that will power both of them perfectly at 2 ohms. Give them 1500rms each, put them in ported boxes, and for $1500 you could have both subs and that amp. And that will get INCREDIBLY loud, and sound VERY clean as well.

That just seems like a much better way to spend that amount of money.

Not to metion I am good friends with "Scott". He started RE back in the day with Dave, and helped to design the new 06 XXX's. He said that he wanted to change a lot of things on it, but because RE is trying to appeal to the mainstream crowed now, he didn't get his way. So he himself is not a big fan of the new XXX's.

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 4
do you have any specs or links on these subs. how do you see the rest of the setup. are the batteries and alt upgrades enough to handle this amp. again i want this to stand the test of time. thanks for the feedback.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 225
Think you could bump that up to a 250amp alternator? Also, Scottie Johnson, a well known SPL guy is selling some awesome batteries crazy cheap right now. I would pick up a pair of them for $200 and they will be perfect for your setup, with a 250 amp atlernator.

You can checkout the mags at www.StereoIntegrity.com or www.Low-Hz.com.

Just do the research, get great equipment the first time, and get something that you will be happy with for a LONG time. The mags and the Massive audio amp would be a perfect start to that.

Also, the 250 alternator, and those G35 batteries Scottie J. is selling over on caraudio.com in the classifieds section would be perfect.

I would go with a premier deh-p880prs HU, some Cadence CVL speakers, and a Massive 2 channel amp to power them.

That system would blow you away, and I am actually in the process of getting that all together for myself. I am just waiting for everything to arrive.

Let me know how that system sounds to you. I can insure you that you will be VERY happy with it if you choose to go the same route I did.

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 5
i'm kinda partial to the kenwood 717. i plan on adding a flipdown later. the kenwood gives me the dual zone option.

i understand i will have to add another battery or 2.

i like the massive amp. it give out more watts at a higher ohm. that's a good thing right? higher ohms less power consumption.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 235
It is good for you if you go with 2 dual 2 ohm subs. That way you can wire them to 2 ohms, instead of .5. .5 is nice, but it is usually just VERY hard on most amps. So that is why the 3000.1 putting out 3000rms at 2 ohms is great.

And I was just throwing that HU out there. It was just what I choose and I have it installed now. And overall I really like it. But I am sure the kenwood will sound great as well. So go with that one if you want to. You can still get the rest of the equipment I mentioned and have a very nice overall system.

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 6
thanks for the advice. i'll start researching these items you suggested. i should be contacting your guy scottie j in a week or so.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 239
HAHA...sounds like a good plan.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1751
id' go with 1 crystal compX

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 7
what's the RMS on that sub? how many ohms?

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 8
about that Massive P3000.1 how many watts does it really put out?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 241
We have benched a few of them, and we always get between 2900-3100rms at 2 ohms with around 14 volts.

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 9
where can i purchase the crystal compx?

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 10
do you guys have an amp that puts out 3000rms while using only 12volts to do it

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1784
that's going to be hard, just get a 4000w rms amp and you'll get that + you'll need a huge electrical upgrade

Bronze Member

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 11
i really want to run a dual alternator setup but i have the slighest clue where to begin. until i figure that one out i'm going to upgrade to a 200 amp alternator, new power and ground wires and add an extra Optima blue top. i really want this setup to be the one and only for this car. so it's very important i do it smart and correct the first time. that's why i'm here bugging you guys. again thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us