JL or Zapco

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 225
I kno these are both very good companies, but if you had a choice which would you choose. The 500/1 or the Zapco Reference Series 500.1?

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 203
I would take the Zapco over JL any day. But you can get plenty of great 500rms amp for cheaper than you will pay for either of those. I would only go with the Zapco, if you wanted to go 100% for true SQ. But you could easily save some cash and get something very close to the same quality.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1180
No doubt Zapco. Hands down. JL is awesome, but Zapco is on it's own level, especially the C2K series.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 230
Yeah, that is what I was saying.

But they are VERY pricey, so make sure you get some awesome subs, else it won't be worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1182
^^^Word. Couldn't agree more about the subs.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 234
Yeah, there are too many people out there buying $800 Zapco amps, and running these cheap SQ subs haha. It just makes no sense. An amp that nice, really needs some high end subs to show what it can do.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1753
Zapco all the way

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 251
And let us know what subs you are using. It should be an awesome setup!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8525
depends on what u where trying to power..vc configs...

I love zapco amps...but there high end amps are the only thing they make that i would want....

Honestly i would take the JL....

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
ok thanks chancey, I was trading my 1000/1 with this guy for his 500/1 and gettin some money back, and then i found that Zapco Reference Series 500.1. So i figured i could use that money i got back to get that one too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1767
damn chauncey that's weird coming from you, you always go for the best, not the cheapest one, i know they're both good but zapco is better

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 465
i personally love the fact the jl lists the exact frequencies of each "click" of the dial on their crossovers, and their parametris bass boost remote with variable center freq. and variable Q. my next set-up will deffinately be a jl 1000/1 and a 300/2 whenever i have plenty of money to spare or if my current amps crap out early. those slash series are just built like a german tank.

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
Thanks guys, i got what i wanted. i got a 1000/1 from a local car audio store that was kinda beat up for 295, traded it for a basically brand new 500/1 and got 150 back. Its definately been a good week.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1782
hehe yeah

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1661
"Yeah, there are too many people out there buying $800 Zapco amps, and running these cheap SQ subs haha. It just makes no sense. An amp that nice, really needs some high end subs to show what it can do."

You're just jelouse :D... JK!

And I was going to say, the 500.2 is $600 retail and the 750.2 is $700. So obviously the 750.2 is the way to go.

(At least it's what I did)

But you seem to be set, so I'll STFU...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us