Box

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 522
How big of box and what tuning frequency for an Atomin 18" APX. The site says 6 cubes at 32 Hz. but a video on ROE had 12 cubes and 28 or 29 Hz. and that bumped hard. what do u think?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1642
dont follow atomic specs u can download the specs sheet in atomic website and all of their woofer said 10mm of xmax in all of their woofer and they are wrong i see like more than 35 of excursion in an apx,

the dude that make atomics had somebody to make their website and they got the specs wrong so dont follow them

yeah 12 cubic ft for a 18 inch its pefect if u can go up to 13-14 will be better tune it around 35hz for some good thummp

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 523
So it has an Xmax of around 35 mm? do u know the displacement?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8518
just call them and make sure....

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 524
Does the sub come with a cutout template for the hole?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1646
no its just the sub, hey chauncy i never heard of someone that atomic answered they never answer by the phone only for dealers, u can only conctc them by email or mail,

the xmax of 35mm?? na i think its more i seen it around that with an orion 2500d but i think its alot more

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 525
well im usisng a box thing and i need to know the Xmax and the displacement. What should i put for these?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1649
oh u mean subwoofertools???? well put around 35mm it should be fine, if u want to hit the most numbers get a box from tcab.com

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 526
What about the displacement?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1651
umm im not sure well look at some subwoofe rthat looks like the 18 inch apx and see their displacament and type it inthere

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 528
alright..how can i find the cut out diamater?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1654
well wat i did for my 18 inch sub i took out the thing that its around the woofer and i trace it and cut the hole

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 531
how does this look for the box?
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=42&Eh=22&Dia=11&Xmax=35&Vd =.338&NumW=1&Vb=13&Fb=35&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1661
it will be pretty good, well im gonna be honest with you if ur going slot ported the end of the port try to put some bondo and sand it, the sharp corners will make some anoying noises, it will affect some turbulences inside the box, if i were u i try to make a box like that but witout the slot ported and put some flared ports u can buy them at tcab.com plus u can get any color u want, and it will be better it will almost ilimate all the turbulance in side the woofer(if u know how to place the port) and it will eliminate anoying sounds,

u will have to internally brace it to help all the moving air and pressure u will have to go double mdf on the front side were u will place the woofer u will need to buy 3/4 mdf but like i said in front side try to put a double 3/4mdf to make it around 1.45 inch thick for better sound quiality and ge the most db's

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 537
would flared ports be easier?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1664
yeah sometimes flared port are easier if u use the right equipment, u can use a program but i forgot where it is i think its on carstereos.com to find the port lengh and port tuning yeah flared ports are better than slot ported makes good for better sound quility eliminate all the anoying sound or portnoise, plus u just have to cut a hole and place the port andput some liquid nails to make the ports tight well most of the high spl boxes have flared ports the car uaio box tcab.com only uses flared ports and they make some good thumpin boxes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us