Pioneer, Alpine, or Clarion Touchscreen DVD?

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffkock

Post Number: 28
Pioneer, Alpine, or Clarion Touchscreen DVD not wanting to spend over $1,000? What are the pros and cons of these and how easy are they with an iPod.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 236
First, here are a bunch of your options. I threw Kenwood in there as well because I really like their DVD units. There are also a few over $1,000 but they can be had for cheaper elsewhere.

In terms of pros and cons, you'll get all sorts of differeing opinions if you're talking about comparing the brands. I like Pioneer products but think their DVD players leave a bit to be desired. Of the three brands you mentioned I'd probably go with Clarion based on personal preference, but in that price range they're all going to offer fairly similar performance and durrability.

The Alpine unit might be the easiest in terms of iPod connection being that you can use the full speed Alpine cable which will give you control from the unit. Most of the units offer similar abilities, but the hardware you have to buy to do so is more expensive than in the case of the Alpine.

If iPod interface is the deal breaker, I'd probably go with the Alpine unit (even though I think they're super ugly). If you weren't bothered by keeping your iPod controls on the iPod itself while still playing it through the system, then my vote would be for the Kenwood KVT-717 based on looks and its 5V preouts. Just my 2 cents.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us