For all these guys who think thier experts....

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 470
It cracks me up when people in here think because the more posts a person has the more they know.

I've noticed multiple replies from gold members with answers to questions that were just flat out wrong.

I've been posting in this forum for 4 or 5 years now, not sure how long its been, we didnt have dates and post counters until a couple years ago, at any rate, since the counter has came around it seems people value the opinions of gold members based on nothing more than that.

If your looking for real input or help from actual experts heres a few people to know and trust.

Glasswolf
Jonathan
Mikechek9

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3911
Post count is really just an indication of one's commitment to the forums, and since they do post more often, they gain a bit more experience by problem/solution methods with other members.

I think it's implicitly implied that post count never meant one member knew more than the other. Some obviously think otherwise, but they're the minority.

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Greensburgh, PA US

Post Number: 117
Commitment to a forum is respestable, just not that honerable of an acheivment. Some guys post 20-30 times a day. At that rate, "stardum" is only a few short months away. I've seen posts drift so much the author is long gone and the few left are just waiting to talk to somebody. I also couldn't care less for the bilingual posts.
What's amazing is the knowledge and ediquette of some members and their age. There are some pretty knowledgable 18 year olds here. On the other hand, you have some pretty ignorant and rude 30 year ols as well. The smart ones take criticism with a grain of salt. It's the knee jerk hateful retorts that enlighten everyone to their worth here. Just my 2 cents.......

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 335
yeah i seen people worry about their post count more instead of answering the question. same reason why glaswolf jonathan. ect.. left nothing but people who think they know stuff giving wrong info. they eventually got tired of it......

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 548
In all honesty Zac, I haven't seen you around much lately, so your list is a little outdated. Sure those guys are knowledgable but there are plenty of ppl on the forum that really know what their doing and have been very helpful, was this thread really necessary ??

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1293
I have seen stuff from knowledgable people to be wrong. Not everyone can be right all the time regardless if they do this stuff for a living! I have seen people who work at installion joint just to find out, he don't know sh!t and this is probably because the people that was teaching him didn't know sh!t, lol. This hobby is has a great deal of Trial and error and that is the way it has been since the 80's. Use the information gained from this site with a grain a salt to speak and get more than one opinion on the that subject by using a subject specific post. You can usually weed out the wrong answers given by some of these jokers. JMHO.. Polo. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1362
It pretty much comes down to if you dont know the answer, dont try and answer it. I also agree that people look up to the gold members, which is good, but can also be very misleading. I think people need to do more research for themselves, rather than ask any little question just for the fun of it, or to get there post number up. I wish there was a way that the people on the forum could vote to show who they think should be gold members, or whatever you want to call it. But as we have learned before, the moderators dont really listen to what our opinions on the forum are. Even if they do look or listen to them, they usually decide not to take any actions to help out.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4322
of those 3 people on your list.
i have seen 2 of them once in the past 4 months. lol

if yo don't like our info...don't read it.
that is why this is available to more than one member. for different opinions.

if i am wrong about something...I WANT to be corrected. i don't want to be giving out wrong information. there are a lot of topics i don't bother with b/c i simply don't know the answer....but the ones i do know...i try to answer them the best i can.

if you odn't like it Zac, HELP US answer the questions! help get the right info out there man.
instead of b1tching about who sux.

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 492
^^^ i Agree 654% with ya muddy. Cause im new to this and i ask a lot of questions and am learning more and more. I dont want to learn wrong info and then think im right.. i dont like that feeling

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 493
we should come up with a test.. to find out who the real experts are and settle this once and for all..

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2149
i can see zac's point though, there ppl on here that think there right 24/7 and if any1 disagrees with them they tweak out, and theres other posts where i can tell by reading the persons post that they know nothing about what there talking about but ppl believe them cause they have more posts. which is stupid.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2182
didnt we just go through this a couple months ago lol i think people just need to do there own research cause i got misleading info ont his site when i first started out and then a i bought a amp i shouldnt have and had to buy a new one and i only have myself to blame so people should look into a little and maybe then ask some questions

Gold Member

Post Number: 4328
like my profile says.

<---Goggle is your friend.

kind of my disclaimer. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:-O:-):-O:-):-O

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 549
Just watch he won't even reply, he just decided to throw it out there

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 553
Wow, these are all really good replies guys, thanks for taking the time to post.
Btw, I know theres plenty of other knowledgable people in here, for the most part I guess I was just venting, probably after being told Audiobahn Intake amplifiers are a great and perform thier to thier full specs in a different thread, lol.
Sorry for starting a negative post, although it looks like it turned out really well anyways, everyone has posted some interesting and postive comments.
Thanks for the replies, I read them all and agreed with every one.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2955
lol. yea charlie, there was a thread about this all the time, and not only google, is ur friends but bace1.com and the12volt :-)

people should know by now, that when you dont know something, you shouldnt post in that certain topic. i see tons of people who enter a topic thinking that they know whats up, but they need to do more research.

and there are plenty more people who know what they are talkin about than just jonathon, glasswolf and mikchek, but those are the real "gurus" of this forum.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4331
cool.:-)

if you didn't help cook it, don't complain about how it tastes!!! old saying. lol

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2956
lol. and zac, i have nothin against you man, the audiobahn thread was just stupid anyways. of course i woulod take the RF over it because its alot more quality.

the only real point i was making in that thread, was that its a great budget amp. the only argument we really has was about the power, but i have seen alot of people say diff things about the intake amps in other forums etc. and its almost impossible to know whos right

Gold Member

Post Number: 4332
no its not.
math. simple math will tell you it isn't capable.

the WAY you bench the amp can bloat the figures.

kind of like when sub companies record the sentivity of subs at 2.83V instead or 1W/1M.

and they do it in a room that isn't anechoic. and they use a very high freq.

those are some examples of lousy advertising schemes i have heard for diff. claims made by companies.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 473
maybe this'll lighten the mood a lil, from me ta you...:-)
Upload

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 553
I can see you are quite knowledgable with that Pyle poster behind you ( i'm guessing thats you ) makes no sense for you to post some other stupid looking dude.

Silver Member

Post Number: 557
ok smart azz :-) how about the other side of the shop...:-)
Upload
Upload

Pyle just sent me that banner so I put it up for the heck of it, I keep gettin crap for it, looks like i need to toss it lol

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 101
Portland sucks for a variation of car audio. I had never heard of Digital Designs til i came to this forum. I have since seen vids of them on ROE and they look like they hit real nice. If I sold my CVX's and bought some DD's would it be worth it?

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 411
hell yea it would be worth it imo.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 102
I just looked at their website for the first time and those things are sick. Those things handle some serious power. Why does car audio have to be so damn addicting? Would you Take 1 15" DD over 2 12" cvx's? I know thats probably a ridiculous question cause I just laughed at myself and I havent even heard DD's in person.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2957
hit me up jesse

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1596
hey zac davis canu hook me up with some dd's??? i dont wanna pay 600 for 18 inch 99

Silver Member

Post Number: 558
I've posted these pics before but they're still a good example that shows how much the DD's under rated. Those are 3000 watt amps, theres 8 of them, and only 2 DD 9915's lol
(btw this isnt the car i use for competition, this was for one show that was an anything goes type of format, thought i'd mention that for those thinking its illegal to have 8 batteries on and behind the front seat in competitions. lol)

I would say yes the DD's are better than the cvx's. But those cvx's are pretty darn nice to.
(alot like comparing a mustang gt to a ferrari enzo lol)

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1597
wtf are u compraing dd with kicker?????

hahaha thats funny the only woofers that can outperfomr a dd in spl its atomic apx or apxx in sq an id max or a w6

Silver Member

Post Number: 559
No problem rob, I've got 1015's in stock.
They're $500 a pair that includes a mono slot ported box.
Actually I've got alot of DD's in stock, including DD amplifiers, you should give me a call tomarrow or try to stop up one of these days.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1598
wtf zac i got an email from maria from dd she told me she can get me a 15 inch 99 someting for 599

Silver Member

Post Number: 560
Could you please send me a copy of that e-mail to daviszac@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 475
Actually now that I think about it who is Maria?
I've been a DD dealer for years and never heard of her.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2686
Zac, looking for 3 1008 subs, what is your best price?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4340
damn you Zac!!!!!!

i saw those pics of all those DD subs and i came all over the f*ckin keyboard.........:-)

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2187
lol muddy.. I love dd though i believe best company out there i want a z2 lol now i just need a lot of money i will settle for a z1 though

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1303
Upload

Isn't that one sub an oddball of the bunch :-O

Silver Member

Post Number: 563
LOL yes it is, and I know I've been harping on that brand but that little sucker does perform good, for the price lol, but I still wouldnt recomend them :-) .

Someone asked for 1008's, I dont have any in stock but feel free to call me and I can give you a quote.

Lilrob, I think your full of carp or you misheard them, you will never, ever ever, be able to buy a 9900 DD for under 600 lol. not even close to that. Dealer cost is alot higher than that.

Maybe it was a reconed 9500 or something for that price?...

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2687
what number to call you?

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 479
Zac
TinkerToy Customs
608-365-3500

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1315
You over by 5th/Roosevelt? Be cool if you guys sold both Treo and DD, lol. Polo.. :-O

Gold Member

Post Number: 4346
what did he say^^^^

i only speak DD.:-)

hahahahahahahahahaha(inside joke)

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 917
zac email me, how much for 2 dd 18s? i dont really want to spend the long distance.

gangt3r_4_l1f3@yahoo.com

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2193
so if you wanted 18's you would have to get some 9900's but those would be around 2400 just for subs then to power them lol

Bronze Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 66
Hey Zac where is your shop located?Looks like a pretty nice place.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1318
I think I know where it is but I wouldn't give it away without permission. Also on of the only shops in town, I am also possitive I have seen it, could be wrong but not usually, lol. Polo. :-O

Bronze Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 67
Oh,by the way what is that RC truck in the background? My guess is a Big Block Converted T-maxx. Kinda hard to tell though, I race a Modded 3.3 Revo :-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6078
I no expert but I agree with Muddy! damn you Zac now I to have to clean and disinfect my keyboard:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4366
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH^^^^^

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4679
rofl.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11526
ben a litle busy lately.
trying to buy a new house, sell two others, finish some work on my car, find a new kidney, stuff like that.
I'm still around though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4372
holy h*ll

what happened to your kidney???
hope everything goes well.:-)

AND,
when are you ever gonna post pics of the charger??? lol

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 482
Wow, if that is true glass it is no laughing matter. My prayers go out to you.
You should stop out to our regional event, it might be a little far but it is a car show and the competition will be offering SQ.
It would be nice to see you there.
Aug 20th, at the Milwaukee Mile.

Btw, things arent looking so good with the AAR, prices are so insane for parts, i mean insane, i can't believe it.

Anywho, nice hearin from ya....
L8ron
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us