BIGG AMP PROBLEM help!!!!!!

Username: Lildawg8881

Post Number: 1
I hooked up my buddy's new car audio reciever and hooked up his whole system the other night.I have hooked up 12 of my friends cars before and I know about systems. All of the wires are connected good and are in the right places. When we turn the car on and the volume is low the sub hits. BUT when we start turning the volume up higher it gos from the power light to the diagnostics light. AND THATS WHEN I GET F'in frustrated. I reaalllllyy need someones help it would be appreciated. Also last night I hooked up the battery cable with electric tape for the time being to the battery. AND ONE more thing i hooked up the remote wire to the remote control wire coming from the reciever(have never worked with a reciever with a remote before)So i dont really know if thats the problem either.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5613
Sounds like the gain/level on the is set incorrectly. It should match the HU's output voltage. Check the manual, most are 4v.
If you connect the remote wire to the battery, then the receiver will always be on.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1288
The hu should have its own remote/power ant wire usually blue, use that. Check and redo all you power connections and inspect the ground. Lower the gain down to 1/2 and keep us posted. It would help knowing what components are in his system. Polo.

Username: Lildawg8881

Post Number: 2
LISTEN TO THIS????

I Hooked up my 2 12" instead of the 1 10" to the amp and i can turn the volume all the way up and it doesnt shut off so what does that mean?????????
CONFUSED:/

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5616
It means, with 2 12", you are meeting the amp's minimum ohm requirement, and with 1 10", you're exceeding it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us