Amp Requirements

wil
Hello,

I have a question about my car deck. Listed below is what my car has for Stereo / Speakers.

Car Specifications:

Kenwood 8015 (KDC-8015), 45w x 4 (Speakers Wattage), 4.5 Volt(Pre-out)

2 x Jensen XS1652 (120 Watts Peak) (40 Watts RMS)
Size: 6 1/2, Frequency Responce 40Hz - 23kHz, and Sensitivity 93db

2 x Factory Speakers I think they might be 40watt (Will be replaced when I have the Cash)

The Problem:

I have installed the speakers and they sound much better then the Factory ones (obvious observation) but when I crank the music (semi-loud) they don't put out much bass at all. I also tried turning
the Treble to -2 and Bass to +8 .. All that seems to do it take out some of the Higher Pitches. If were to install 2 more Jensen Speakers, I believe that my car would be too Trebley. I am thinking, tho correct me if I am wrong, that an AMP may fix my problem, I was thinking that a 160 Watt AMP.

Please if you have ran into this problem and know what the problem is, please e-mail me, or post a reply on the fourm.

My car is a 1995 Saturn Sl1 (All speakers are 6 1/2).

Thank you for your time.

u have installed to high rated speakers
u will need minimum 250 w pmpo or 40 w rms power to drive those.kenwood urs gives 40 w peak out put per channel around 10 w rms.which can not drive ur speaker.

Hi,

Thank you for answering my question, But I am a little confused about your answer.

"u have installed to high rated speakers
u will need minimum 250 w pmpo or 40 w rms power to drive those.kenwood urs gives 40 w peak out put per channel around 10 w rms.which can not drive ur speaker."

I understand that the speakers are high rated. But what is "minimum 250 w pmpo" would this be the AMP (in Watts) required to run the 2 speakers? .. so if this is correct, then I would need a 500 watt amp to run 4 speakers, all rated the same.

I am new to the whole speaker thing and please forgive my dumbness.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us