Problem with amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Bretzy1990

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 99
alright i have a hifonics brutus 1200 and 2 ascendant arsenals. both my subs cut off simultaniously and my amp still turns on but the power light does not light up wich indicates that it has power, ground and remote turn on but my subs still do not play. the protect light is not on. could my amp be blown or do u think it is wireing that may have come loose. my connections do seem pretty solid on my amp and i had the local audio shop do it. what are your peoples opionions on what is wrong

Bronze Member

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 100
when i say the amp turns on only the lights on the front light up but it shows no power

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1723
maybe your subs are too powerful and your amp can't handle them, do you crank the volume up like a b1tch? hehe, control the gain

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2674
if no lights are on, i find it hard to believe the amp is on, use a test light and see if you get power at the power wire(at amp) and the remote wire with the power on. If you have power at both and the ground is good, then the amp is most likely bad...

Silver Member

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 101
alright thanx guys

Silver Member

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 102
What do u people know about these amps. are they good quality and put out whats rated.
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3194

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=453

Silver Member

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 103
bump

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1295
the phoenix gold is good. not as good as the xenon line but still decent, actually rated, maybe a little more. have no experience with the soundstream though.

Silver Member

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 105
hey guys well i tested it out and im not getting power to my power wire in the rear. i looked under the hood and it looks like the fuse holder cracked. its made of plastic. the fuse looks good but it doesnt screw in because the plastic threads stripped. im gonna try to get a new fuse holder.

Silver Member

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 106
hey i tested it out and im not getting power to the wire into the amp. i looked under the hood and my fuse holder cracked cus its plastic. well the fuse looks good but it doesnt screw into the holder all the way because the plastic threads are stripped. i think thats the reason...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us