Alpine 10" Type-R and MRP-M650....advise/suggestions?

Username: Slovenian6474

Post Number: 1
I'm looking into getting a sub for my car. I usually listen to rock/etc with some rap. I drive a small saturn sedan so i'm more interested in a smaller 10" sub.
This is where is gets interesting. I have 1 more week of work at best buy so i'm thinking of springing for a 10" Type-R(4ohm + 4ohm)(500w RMS) and a M650 (600W RMS at 2 Ohm). I can get the sub for $109 and the amp for $155. I'm inclined to go with the Alpine amp because i already run a 4 channel alpine amp and another alpine would match it. Although i wanna make sure they do actually make a decent amp.

You guys have any input on my selection? Any other suggestions you would make? I'd like to keep it around that price range.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8759
good choices ^^.......

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1094
WOW...... First post at this site it seems that u know what ur talkin about..... already......

i would say this build a small ported box 1.8 cuft or so ( i had plans that Nocc1 made but hes not on AIM now)

he also has a 10 type r running off a MRD 605 its not u Nocc1 is it.....no doubt it doubt it....ur car says saturn anyway

like Rovin says good choices

Post Number: 5
Lol, ya i try to do ALOT of research before i get into things. I have ordered a .65 cuft sealed box for it. I ordered because it was only $30 and i have NO room or tools to make my own box. I want a garage :-( . But anyways, would that be a decent box for it? I figured that would give me some good sounding bass without blowing the dent-resistant panels off my car.

Btw, check this out. I'm an engineering student and got bored one day...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/256157.html

Post Number: 6
(the box is returnable if you guys think that it was a poor choice)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1280
i'd return the box and get a ported one. but if going sealed i'd get a bigger one, about .85cu ft.

Post Number: 7
any suggestions on good places to get a box?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1281
if you can't make one, get one made for you. any decent car audio store should be able to. atf, member on this forum, makes them. here's his info on another site, register there also while your at it. (delete that space between j and d on the link)

http://www.j designs.info/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=21&sid=ec6d0d7113fc8e6180a3a8bb9256468e

Post Number: 9
hmm, i'm wondering how the box i ordered is even going to fit. I guess i'll just toss it in and see how much room i have if i can go to a larger box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us