DYNAMAT

Bronze Member
Username: Icecreamman5687

Post Number: 25
soo dynamat cost a good penny for it but i can get OEM sound densing mat threw my father for a fraction of the cost...is there something special about the dynamat that makes it cost alot or they just sell it for its name that way....also does that expanding insolation foam spray work at all for the hard to reach spots???

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 353
your paying for the name of dynamat.. nothing special about it. all sound deadener does the same thing.. adding mass to the surface to stop vibrations. i have used expanding foam before on my older car. all the gaps in the trunk lid were filled and it actually worked well, cheap way for deadening.

Bronze Member
Username: Icecreamman5687

Post Number: 26
okk that wat i thought....yah i can get this oem stuff twice as thick and 4 sheets to a box thats 24"x24" for 15 bucks...soo im gonna use that

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3871
The OEM deadener will kick dynamat's butt. Dyanamat's only thing it has going is its 'elastomeric' properties which means it converts sound into heat-which isn't that big of an advantage-and that's pretty much what you're paying for besides the name.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1565
dynamat has speacial glue that can stick in almost anything like plastik or metal etc u can buy the elemental designs or other and ull see it dont aderhes to plastic

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4273
dynamat does have SOMETHING going for it.
it scored pretty highly.:-)

i wouuld recommend reading this.
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us