My First System is the Most Dificult

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 194
I drive a 1999 Mercury Sable with the upgraded Mach system. Unfortunatly i was talking to the people at my local store today about the wiring in my car and the idea of running a Hi-lo for my pre-outs. Talking to the guy i found out that because i have the upgraded mach audio system, if i tap into those i wont reach any of the his in my speakers and pretty much it is un do-able for some reason...he said the solution to adding on a system to the upgraded mach one, was pretty much to scrap the whole thing and just use the Ipod as the main deck with an equalizer.

Can anyone think of a solution that i can use the stock deck?

Also, can anyone explain to me why i cant tap into the upgraded Mach system, because maybe then i can find a soltion, thanks....

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2592
i don't see why you couldn't use a LOC on an "upgraded" stock system. i'd try it and see.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
what?

Bronze Member
Username: Rangetop

Post Number: 16
i personally use an ipod and eq combo, and the quality sounds at least on par with my old alpine 9851...of course i wasn't using a separate amp for the front stage then, so i guess i can't compare the sound fairly. and i'm getting an alpine 9820xm for cd's and radio, my own collection's now getting a little old...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3868
Man, that would drive me crazy...I would take out the stereo and electronic climate control, hack out the stereo, put the climate control back in with an aftermarket head unit, and completely rewire the system. It has to be possible...I guess just making it look like not trash is the hard part...

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
seriously its hell, im starting to get really pissed about it, i dont understand why i cant just run a hi-lo from the stock system and get pre-outs that way, he said it was something to do with the ohm leevls but i dont understand, anyone know why it cant be done?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us