Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 426
Does this amp put out its rated rms?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2587
yes, its rated at 12.5V for 1200 watts. it'll do around 1400 at 13.8-14.4V, mabye 1500.

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 447
aight thanx

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1688
good amp!

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 450
thats good cause im gunna be pushin a 15" memphis mojo with it...hopefully...when i get enough money.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1691
Ok, I've got a question, it's rated for 950W RMS I believe at 2 ohms, and that's with 12.5V. What could I expect from it with more voltage @ 2 ohms?

I have a Nine.4, and I know it's putting out more than 65W RMS @ 4ohms x 4...My Volfenhag 5x7's can't take its power, like it took my A6004T's which was 75W RMS @ 4ohms x 4...

But yea, I was just wondering how much those amps are underrated...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1250
when i called ed bout the nine.1 they told me at 14v i could expect to typically see about close to 1100wrms @ 2 ohms. i don't know how true this is but i have heard they bench about 1400-1500wrms @ 1ohm at 14v so could be true.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2420
As per someone who benched it.

"Equipment used.

1 Nine.1
Installed in my 97 Nissan pickup.
stock 60A alternator
2 old yellow tops

My RF 8240 feeding a 2.1v None-Clipped input signal with the gains on the Nine.1 maxed out. Bass Boost at 0, crossover and subsonic filter turned to the highest and lowest settings respectively. 60Hz tone was used for all testing since this is where most Dmm's will read VAC most accurately.

Test equipment used was:

Fluke 31 True Rms Clamp AC Ammeter
Craftsman Pro 82357 Tru Rms Dmm
Craftsman cheapo Dmm for voltage and verification purposes.
Leader O-Scope

The amp surprised me in that it is nearly twice as heavy as my db1100's. I was not expecting that at all. The terminals are very classy, though i would prefer the speaker terminals were a little larger to make it easier to fit 8ga in. I was able to get 8ga in however, it just took a little work. A very minor complaint at best. The controls were fairly simple and i like the remote gain knob quite a bit with power and protection indicators included on the unit. The remote gain knob was NOT used for this test however.

Install was very simple as i ran 2 1' sections of 8ga each for power and ground and used 8ga speaker wire to run the amp to 2 kicker 10L7d2s to a 1/2 ohm load rated.

After about 3 dozen 1 sec burps to get the feel for the amp and the massive array of multimeter leads all over and how to read them all at once while working the radio etc and after warming the subs up quite considerably as well as draining my poor batteries.

The test results are in.

A
38.77Vac
30.27Amps
1.28 ohm load in box @60hz
1173.5 Watts RMS with the batteries at 10.9v

B
37.8Vac
30.1A
1.2 ohms
1137wrms with batteries at 10.1V

The numbers here unfortunately reflect greatly that the batteries had been toasted by this point. The best charger we had was a 6A charger and my little 60A alt was doing its best to recharge round after round of burps, but it was clearly not up to the job. I was quite impressed though that this amp took the low voltage with no trouble at all and still put out those numbers. It is clearly time for me to replace my 2 5yr old yellow tops however.

So, calculate an average of 10% increase for each volt gained, and you will find that these numbers look much much better

Test A at 13.7v would have read approx 1501w @ 1.28 ohms

Test B at 13.7v would have read approx 1547w @ 1.2 ohms

I am extremely pleased with this amplifier's performance. It never got hot, barely got warm at all as a matter of fact. It never once went into protect mode from low voltage or any other reason. The spl competitor in my appreciated that there was no protection hiccup, the amp had no trouble burping at all and was easily rolled up to max output without shutting off or popping or anything else for that matter. I didnt find a single flaw whatsoever in the performance of the amp. It had no turn on pop, no noise, nothing that shouldnt have been there. When compared to my db1100 on the exact same setup, the nine.1 was much stronger without a doubt, though i had no spl meter to do a heads up comparo with them.

Overall I am quite surprised by how well this amplifier handled the test and all of the abuse i put it through and it passed all of them with flying colors. I give the Nine.1 an A+. Congrats Ben and the team at ED on one knockout product."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us