Solo x 12 vs. Jl W7, which is louder

Username: Ridin_on_20s

Post Number: 1
Can anyone tell me whether the solo x 12 is louder then the Jl w7 13, or if thats louder then the solo x. I know about the diff. sized but also diff. watt range, can anyone help me out?

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 424
i would prollly say the solo x is louder.

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 944
yeall ill say the solo x too since the w7 is a sq sub

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 435
just watch some ROE vids and see what each sub can do.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8372
what kind of ?uestion is this????

the solo...if fully powered will be much louder...??? Not sure why the only thing u care about is getting loud???

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 439
IMO...i dont like JL cause there stuff is overpriced. i think u could have a way better system for the same price as a jl audio systme would cost...that's my opinion

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 347
i agree with jaymes u can get an alpine 1000wattrms amp for $350 while the jl 1000wattrms amp is $800 alot more when really there is no difference the alpine is underrated since it says it has a 1800watt max output meaining it could prob push between 1100 to 1200rms and u can get a type X 12 for $280 while 10W7 is $500 and the 12type X would give out more output and sound as good as the 10W7

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1077
haha the jl 13w7 isnt even comparable to the solo x. haha. but i hear that solo xs stop working after awhile lol

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 441
like id rather have memphis, ascendant audio, elemental designs, and other brands like that

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8377
if u say jl is to exspensive...its because u cant afford it...

U do relize that ever company...bases its "super sub" against the w7...what does that tell you???

Also the w7 has been unchanged for a while now...hmmm i wonder why.....

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 446
lol....ya i cant afford it i will admit that..lol

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4233
i don't think DD bases it's super sub in the same GALAXY as the W7.

i also think that DD's SQ sub line would leave the W7 with its eyes crossed and pants sh1tted. and they are roughly the same price.:-)

not arguing chauncey, just bringing it into perspective. hahahaha

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8388
yeah i was just talking in general.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 4235
lol.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4634
damn andy how can you compare that POS alpine amp with a jl 1000/1?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8391
because its andy....duh

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4638
oh my bad chauncey.

Post Number: 2
now with that said...i had a solo x 10, nd my friend has it now and he told me it slams louder then just a single 15 of his, the 15 is a high end sub, just dont know the brand off the tip of my toung..Im gonna have to go with kicker instead of JL it really is over priced, but kicker you get more outta what you buy...i had 2 L7 15's nd i had ppl i didnt know before stoping me around town to tell me to turn it down when i went by...

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8396
just because it gets louder means nothing...

what kind of amp does he have. kind of ride?? box???electrcial system upgrade????

U have to consider all these things and more to find out whats right for ur system...if ur friend had a "high end" 15 i bet he was doing something wrong...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4250
louder does not mean better.

take for instance the 2 15" LAnzar subs i heard one....

Loud? yes.

distinguishable bass beats? no.

:-)

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 347
problem with JL is if you have something repair they send it to Taiwan.. Lol.. made in clearwater, fl but repair in a foreign contry with radio shack grade parts.. pfft on jl. guy in our local audio group had 2 Jl w7s and the rubber surrounds and sent them for warranty.. and well thats where they went. got them back and blew the surrounds again.

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 348
jeez u guys act like the JL amp is Gold very high quality its no better then the alpine 1000/1 amp they both push the same amount of power and the alpine amp is more digital 350 compared to 800 and both are 1000? hmm i wonder which one id take!I can afford Jl no problem but for the price of 1 Jlaudio 1000/1 i can have 2 alpine 1000/1 and still have money left over thats how ridicusely JL is overpriced!and DD2500's blow the W7 to pieces in SQ and SPL!!

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 467
andy i dont know if i agree with ur last sentence ... i love dd subs .. whop doesnt ... but a 2500 to a w7 ... not exactly a landslide on either end in sq or spl ... so u might wanna re think ur statements sometimes ...

i used to sell alpine amps .. and frankly they arent the greatest ... they are average at best ... 350 for a 1000 watts? yes thats not a bad price .. but go look at a crossfire 1000 that will shite on that alpine amp ... and compared to a JL slash series amp .. which is prolly top 10 amps ever produced ... that alpine amp wont go ona top 25 list ...

as far as a solo x compared to a w7 ... its all enclosure and power .. obviously if u optimally powered a solo x ... and put it in a huge ported box ... a solo x will decimate a w7 in spl ... build wise ... and sq ... over to JL ... no question thats like comparing apples to oranges

Gold Member

Post Number: 4269
the 2500 series will handle the same power as the W7.

they do not however, have as much Xmax.
nor do they cost nearly as much.

i would take a 2510 over a 13W7 just b/c of price and performance.:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 468
oh muddy i agree with you .. i never said i would purchase a w7 ... its just the proven facts that a 2510 isnt gonna be miles above a w7 ... maybe to a certain extent in some aspects of the field .. but overall ... they are somewhat of a compariable sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 4271
i agree %100

if anything they are comparable in some aspects. but iw would take more sub to be miles ahead of a W7. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
absolutely .. no lets see andy f ... compare how much better a type x is to both of them ...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1710
andy F, i like budget stuff, but when it comes to quality you can't win there, the JL can cost 800$, but the quality is higher than a 350$ amp.. that's a fact, but yeah i know what you mean,i can get 1000w for only 300$ and good quality, i'll go for it instead of a 1000w amp with a price of 800$, with a tremendous quality hehe, you're just a budget guy...

i'd buy hifonics hahahaha lol! and BTW the solo X is just a noise maker, the W7 is to listen to music, bass and make some nice polution hehehe

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4646
no one ever said jl slash series amps are gold here man. i am just simply saying it is better than the POS alpine.

why not just get a hifonics amp that does 1000wrms for $199 then.

Post Number: 3
well i can say now that im not buying any w7's cause when i heard them they sounded like sh*t nd were weak...cause obviously a square sub has more surface area to push more air to make more boom, so f all you jl w7 lovers, you dont know what real bass is untill you listen to kickers sqaure subs

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8419
lol...

ur right and u havent bass either..just alot of noise....I use to have L7's..and they are just noise makers

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1268
"dont know what real bass is untill you listen to kickers sqaure subs"

that's the funniest thing i've read in a long time.

Bronze Member
Username: Xstokes88

San Antonio, Texas United states

Post Number: 68
lol i have 2 kicker L7s n i cant believe he just said that lol..u need ta get kicked off this thread lol..

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 202
Wow... you guys try some decent subs like RE, Treo, AA, and DD. Then come back and talk about JL vs Kicker. It will be more like MT > Solo X, SSx > W7, XXX > W7... Not saying JL is bad by no means. Just better out there for the money. We all agree on that. Kicker subs just blow.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 155
Massive audio DMX = RE MT.

Mag>Sx

My thoughts.

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 399
chauncey is right all the L7's are is noise makers they dont have good sq they are just loud and miss beats if u are all into spl go for L7's but there are louder subs out there and better sq them the L7's forrsure

"dont know what real bass is untill you listen to kickers sqaure subs"

ctmike i gotta agree that is pretty funny

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 205
Showrides I never said anything about the Mag or the DMX... personally I've never heard them. I HAVE heard all of RE's stuff. I HAVE heard Solo X's and W7s. I'm not dissing on other brands. Just saying that JL and Kicker aren't the best.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 156
I wasn't dissing you at all. I was just throwing some other lesser known brands out there to compare them to. I thought you had a great post. It is good to see someone that knows that there is stuff out there beyond kicker and JL. I was just saying there were some other that were on the RE level as well.

Sorry, if you thought I was saying you mentioned bad products or something. The sx and mt are both great spl drivers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us