Sub wont fit

Bronze Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 39
I went to custom car sound today and they said that my 15" L7 wouldnt fit in the back of my eclipse w/ a prefab box. whats the deal w/ that?? Also he said ported wouldn't sound clear in small car like that. any comments??

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 351
man that 15 L7 will fit dont listin 2 them ive seen 2 15's in the back of a eclipse they dont know what they are talkin about u should go build a good box or get one made for u and go back to the people that said that and say i thought L7 wouldnt fit and it would sound good

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1220
maybe the prefab isn't made to the specs of your sub and is to big and a custom one will fit? or he's trying to make some money? ported not sounding clear in your car not sure though, you do lose some sq going ported, but that's normal. not like the l7 has great sq anyways though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
yea the guy aint rippin me off because he's takin 100 beans off for not telling me earlier. But he said if he used a prefab box it would hit against the trunk and that he'd make me a custom enclosure thatll take up almost all of my trunk space. He said i needed some 2.6 cu ft of airspace or somethin to that effect.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1221
have him make you a box. also, how much he charging you for it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
well i got a new alarm, and he's installing my amp and sub w/ new wiring for like 500

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1225
$500 just for installing an amp and alarm?! is that with the box included? how much for the box alone? either way i'd shop around if you can't do it yourself cause that is a rip off. the most i've seen around where i live is about $65-70 for running a mono amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
well the eclipse had a difficult alarm setup in it so they had to do extra work. w/e lol. But I bought the alarm for 200 they installed it. Put together all the wiring im gonna need once the sub box is made and when all thats set, they're gonna hook the memphis amp and kicker sub on tuesday. all for 500 so i thought that was decent, no?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1226
so there charging $500 for the box, wiring, and install of just the amp/sub? i'd say rip off. or is that including the price of the alarm to?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
including the alarm and the install of the alarm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
lol def. man that would be a rip off. Even im not that dumb.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1227
i'd try getting the price lower cause $300 for a box, wiring for one amp, and install is kinda high. if i was you i'd buy the wiring kit elsewhere for cheaper and maybe get someone else to make the box. i think atf here makes boxes, try getting hold of him and see how much he'll charge.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
alright lemme try. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 352
man thats messed up 500$ dont do it please dont that kinda stuff makes me sick to see people take advantage of people and rip them off do not do it...go to www.ebay.com they have 15 L7 boxes that would fit in your eclipse for sure just check there and tell us what you found

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 192
its not a huge rip off, i mean, you should definitly bargin with the guy and tell them that you got a box here and blah blah that you can do, worst comes to worst, he tells you he wont/cant do it, and you go and build yourself or what not, its do-able you can do it yourself, its just the time you wanna put into it

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4622
how big is your trunk? the min rec volume for the L7 ported is 3 cuft. i think it can fit.

$500 just for installing that stuff is expensive. especially if you bought everything there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us