Box Side indents...Box Help.

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

Post Number: 106
Hey guys,
Im planning on building my box tomorow and I have a final question. I was over at Best Buy today And I saw that all of thier boxes has the sides indented. The built teh box then like capeted the sides and pushed it in the box about a half or 3/4 inch. IMO where a box ends is where it ends and iff anything this is making the box not as air tight. Should I do the same thing to my subs? FYI my subs are 2 12" RF punch stage 1n's. and it is a sealed box. Also any box building tips would be fine, exspecially how to put the divider inbetween the two subs. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 539
When I made my box, I used that indentation as a way to tuck under excess carpet and allowed me to nail it in, kinda making it look clean. I don't know if this is why ppl do it but its why i did it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
Yea, Im thinking it would be easier just to make it all flat, but will this affect sound? Any more opinions on this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
BUMP...Need some info by tomorow...Thanks in adavance.

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1235
No, it won't affect the sound as long as it is the same volume.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4614
pushing the sides in is for looks. only thing that will change is the cuft inside. you would loose a little. it won't effect the sound unless losing that little cuft will effect it. which i doubt.

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1236
haha you changed your username. pretty cool.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us