The Differance between the Clifford Matrix 3.5 and the G5

Username: Praetorian46

Yuma, AZ USA

Post Number: 2
I really don't know much about cars, car audio, or car security. But I do want a good car alarm. I've been looking around on the net and asking people, and from what I've seen/heard Clifford is the best out there. My friend showed me his Clifford system and I really like it. But his is almost 5 years old. So I checked there website and they have a Matrix 3.5 w/ remote start and they also have a G5 with remote start. All I gather from their site is that you can plug a laptop into the G5. The Matrix was pretty easy to see with the chart comparing all of the other systems and versions what features it has but they didn't have that for the G5. So I kind of need someone to break down the differences between the two systems. And I would also like to get opinions on which one you would get if you were me. I'm going to install it on a 1996 Ford Explorer XLT V8 AWD. If that makes a difference on which alarm you would choose. Thank you in advance. Sorry if this has all ready been addressed.
Thank you,
Cody

Username: Egmontman1

Post Number: 2
I am really really new here and i am sure someone will answer you better but here is what i know.

I was asking myself the same question so i did some research.

A company bought up Clifford. This company also produces a pile of other alarms such as Viper. The Matrix line is exactly the same as many Viper alarms. The G5 uses the technology that Clifford had developed before it was bought.

The Matrix is a 2 way responder system with a LCD remote. The G5 is one way.
The G5 uses the computer programming and the Matrix uses a purpose built tool for the same job.

The G5 has an ignition and a starter kill. Matrix is only a starter kill.
The G5 has 3 good sensors right out of the box. The matrix has only one.

The Matrix uses a hidden valet switch and 5 different codes.
The G5 switch is put in plain sight and uses 999 different codes.

The G5 includes a battery backed up siren out of the box and the Matrix does not. On top of that the G5 siren can't just be disabled by cutting the signal wire and does not need a separate key disarm when you send your vehicle in for service because of how it functions. It arms and disarms along with the security system.

It is my overall impression that the Matrix system is a good alarm, but the G5 system is a good SECURITY system. Less bells and whistles perhaps but overall much more secure.

I hope i got that all right. I am sure there is also more.
Cheers

P.S. The alarm is also only as good as the instal. Or so i am told.

Post Number: 3
Oh, also I know the G5 will work on manual shift but i am not sure about the Matrix. Yours auto or manual?

Username: Praetorian46

Yuma, AZ USA

Post Number: 4
Thank you very much that helps a lot. To Awnser Michael's question I have an automatic Transmission. Thanks again.

Post Number: 4
If you have the auto then it is easy.

Glad I could help.

Oh, and if you are looking to get the G5, the software for programing it, Cliffnet Pro 2.2 is on here. I will send you a link if you wish. Credit goes to Skater Bum.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us