Sub jam

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 258
I got my 2 12"L7's today and i went to put them in the box but the holes were cut to small so i had to sand all the edges of the hole to get it to fit well i got the one to fit perfect but then i went to do the other one i started to sand it but i guess i didnt sand it good enough so i kinda jammed the sub in there so its pretty much never coming out again but the thing is it has big gaps showing around the edges of teh sub cuz i didnt sand it good enough and the bass sounds horrible comming out of that one sub with the gaps showing so how can i fix it so the air dont leak out of the holes cuz i cant get the sub back out its jammed in there pretty good. anything i can use please help

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 212
u could cut a bigger area out around the original hole and then make an insert with a good cutout for sub and liquid nail the crap out of it and put it in. how big are the gaps??

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 20
Truthfully you are kind of screwed.

Only fix I can think of would be to somehow take another piece of MDF with properly sized holes and attach that on top of the current side with holes. You could use some wood screws and silicone or something to make your new baffle airtight.

A con would be that it will probably make it look fugly.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 260
the gaps arnt noticeable unless u look at it from teh side i mean i can stick my finger under the plastic part of the sub but i need to find away to make the sub sound better becuz thereis noway im gonna be able to get that sub out. And idk what i would use to cut the box. what if i just took silicone i put it around the sub would that work?

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 262
bump

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1215
you saying you can stick a finger under the sub into the box! i'd cut that sub out and start over on the box.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 263
what can u use to cut the sub box? i never cut a sub box b4. u cant stick it inside the actul box but u can stickit under the plastic part and i guess theres big enough gaps for the air to come out becuz the sub sounds ugly

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 334
i would just get a new box man

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
drill a hole in a corner that u wanna start cutting at the get a jigsaw and cut it out

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 265
i dont really got the money for another box. and plus i the 1sub is stuck in there pretty good its a really tight fit but the box wasnt cut out big enough.

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 28
Sounds like a prefab box anyways... You could go get some estimates from a local shop for a custom ported box and then save your money for it.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 266
what do you's use to actully cut the box. do u actully use a saw or sumthing?

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
a jigsaw would be ur best shot

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4602
just stick a flat screw driver in betweent the sub and the box and pry it out.

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 549
cut a ring around the out side of the sub, then the sub will come out and then take a hammer, and hit the wooden ring off...

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 392
dynamite might be able to get it out...lol

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4611
why not just drop it down from a tall building with the box hitting the ground. that way the box will shatter to pieces and the sub will be intact.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1465
use a screw driver and pop the sub out. jsut do it gradually around all of the edges. then sand it some more so that the sub fits nicely in the hole.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 141
Basically I stopped reading after the second reply.. so sorry if this has been recommened already.

This happened to my Eclipses, use the backside of a hammer underneith the metal basket edge and slowly pull it up, a little on one side then a little on the other and so on.

Then fix what you messed up before and don't do it again :-)

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 269
yea ur idea sounds good with the back of the hammer im gonna try that thanks a lot idk why i havnt thought of that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us