midbass speaker question

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1097
I want to add a couple 8" midbass drivers to play what my 12"'s and components dont. They would probably be crossed over high around 60hz i think. Any suggestion on what i should get. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1123
Get something like a 7in driver or an 8in. Hybrid has a 8in driver coming out, CDT has the 7in driver, and there are a few DIY drivers like the Tang Band 8in. You want one that is IB or atleast doesn't need an enclosure unless you're going to make a pod in the door for them. I'd have them play from like 60hz to 100hz.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1101
Thanks man. Do you sell something like this? I have 200watts at 2 ohm or 100 watts at 4 ohms. I prefer something fairly high end. Thanks again.

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1125
I can get the Tang Band ones and can see about the CDT ES 07's for you.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1102
I know very little about these types of speakers so I'll let you choose which ones you think would work. Maybe I should tell you a little about my system. I have four eclipse ti's in sealed boxes. I am getting diamond audio S600A's for the front components. I want to run the components and the midbass drivers off of a Kicker kx800.4. So which ever ones you think would suit me best. Do you take Paypal? Thanks alot.

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1128
Whats your HU? You need something that can bandpass the rear channels because you want the midbass speakers to drive between 80hz-250hz( or whatever your frequency range you want). I'm not sure if the Kicker can do that I know its has a high or low pass filter but not both on the rear channels.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1103
I'll use an external crossover to remove over 200hz and the kicker will be set to high pass around 60 or so.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us