Money ?

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 298
how much does a 18inch atomic apxx cost? and hwo many watts does this sub need to have to it to make it pound hard and does any1 know anything about atomic class d amps they have? are they good and how much for the 5000 watt amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
bump

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1482
for the 18 inch apxx its 400 plus shippin get a 15 inch ull be fine and its gonna cost u 360 plus shippin, with an orion 2500d ull be fine for daily in a good ported box around 5-8 cb ft and tuned to 35hz for daily bass

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
how many watts peak and max are the 18 and 15?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1483
ok atomics said the apxx its 2500 rms yes it is, max its 30,000 watts at 3 secon burts, but wait a minute go to ebay,videos,atomics, look for the 220v wall socket he plugged the atomic to the wall socket, itwas 92 amps at 220 volts, and he put it like 3 min str8t and the woofer handled easily witout breakin a sweet it was around 20k to 30k rms at that wall outlet so ill said the max will be like 40k watts

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
so if i powered the sub with a 2500 watt amp or a 3000 it would pound big time im thinkin about gettina 18

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 1795
the peak and/or max doesnt matter just dont pay attention to it rms is wuts important

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1484
u can get a 18 inch apxx and get 2 orion 2500d

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
would to of them amps with a solo x 18 be louder than the apxx? or would would be the loudest

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1485
nope i dont think so. the apxx its just like the neo sig

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
i checked on ebay for those amps theres not any how much does them amps cost new?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1486
oh ok then buy two hifonics bxi2006d and strap them into a single 18 inch apxx

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
whats the most i could hit in db's with that setup remember im the one with the escalade so there would be a big box and it would be ported so whats your guess?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1487
with the single sub u can hit around 150 easily or more with 2 hifonics in a enclousure 9.8-12.8 cb ft in a 35 hz,enclousure for every day bass u want to hit more db's tune it around 40hz u better get some 300 amp alternator i recommend dual 180 amp alternators

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1488
but theres no way to tell

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
what amps should i get from hifonics

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1490
bxi2006d

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
how many rms watts is that at 1 ohm? and also would this system be louder than what i have now i have 1 15 L7 solo baric powered by a memphis 1000 class d amp if so how many times louder

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1492
2000 rms at 1 ohm and cheaper than the orions those cost 350 new, good solid amps i have one,get a dual 1 ohm or quad 2 ohm (dual 1 ohm its my choice) wire each coil to the amp and match the settings and upgrade your alternator ato a 300 amps, u mean if that set up will be louder than your l7???? dude i think ur nuts, the apxx it just like the shocker neo sig,very good woofer, can give you over 150 easily with the right set up, im pretty sure u can even get above 140 dbs with that set up, so a single apxx can take out 4 l7 12 with their right power ina proper box, with the apxx 4000 rms and 10 cb ft tuned at 35hz my cousin (the one that sells atomics products) its in competitions hes doind 158.8 with a single eartquake 5000 watts rms and 15 inch apxx in some 8-9cb ft ported enclousure i think he tuned at 42hz im not sure

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 366
get a hifonics colosulus or howeva u spell it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 313
where can i buy the sub at? and u really think it would be alot louder than my setup i have right now ...one more ? with thos amps cant u just connect each one together and put them on that sub? and do i need to get it 2 ohm or 4 ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 314
also if i wanted to get louder with that sub could i have 3 of them amps on that one sub? a total of 6000 watts rms

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1493
yes u can even get 4 amps to that single sub for 8000 rms i will think 10000 rms will be sick and will worth it, yes ask everyone else that know about subwoofers they will tell you that apxx can even be compared to an l7, yup apxx and l7 are not comparable its just like sayin, wich one will run faster?? a lamborgini galardo and a volkwagen bettle???

u can get subs directly with the dude tht makes them at atomicspeakers.com email the dude and wait like 1 week till he gets back the apxx its 360 plus shippin for the 15 inch and 400 plus shippin for the 18 inch, i will tell u to wait till the apxxx comes out, u can get an atomic 5000 watts rms amp and apxx from atomic

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
how much does the 18 inch weight? and also when does the 5000 watt amp come out u think i should wait and get the 5000 or get 3 of them hifonics?

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
also if i got the 3 hifonics amps how would i hook it up to the sub and everything to make it work?

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
opne more thing "handle up to 30,000Watts in 3 second short burps" what does 3 second short burps mean?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1494
read on atomic speakers.com i mean have 4 amplifiers for some 8000 watts the atomics will handle the power easily with out any problems, atomic said that the atomic speakers 18 inch can handle 30,000 watts at 3 seconds burps or a little time but i seen the atomic handle 30,0000 watts rms na um like 28000 watts rms,

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
hey i heard the bxi hifonics 2006 class d amps dont really do they watts they say they do at 1 ohm plp sayin they are way overrated

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1495
na only like for 80-100 watts maximun, plus if u got the voltage they are only like 20 watts overated

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
what u mean if i got the voltage they are like 20 watts overrated...so they really put out about 2000 rms watts at 1 ohms?

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
oh yea one more think i could get the hifonics bxi 1600 amp and get 4 of them on that one sub cant i? and that would be a total of 6,400 watts rms i could get it for about 700 u think i should do that or just stick with 2 of them 2000 hifonics amps?

Silver Member

Post Number: 330
bump

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1496
its up to you man i just recomend you to give the apxx more than 5k rms to get some damn good results put it a 9.8 cb ft tuned to 35hz or a larger box and u definately will be hittin some good numbers and winning some competitions easily, and yeah the hifonics are overated but not tooo overated dont buy autotek they are just the same as the hifonics they just change the heat sink if u dont beilve buy one of each brand open it up and ull see, if u got the voltage everything will be fine

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
so if i went with some of those hifonics amps and powered it more than 5000 watts and got a good well build box for it it should blow that 15L7 away for 100% sure...........should i go ported or sealed with the box

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
oh and another thing some plp are sayin them amps arent straptable and i couldnt use 4 or 2 or 3 amps for the atomic apxx

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1500
i had two sonys xplods with my 18 inch sx when i didnt have an amps i use every amp to each voice coil with all the setting equal and it worked fine nothing bad appened and it osunded great even with sonys amps, u mean an atomic apxx can take our a 15l7???? wtf dude with that power nice box and proper charging system it will take out like 5 of them easily, ask people on this forum, that apxx can give you more than 150 db's easily and more with that power and with a good box and charging system

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1502
well this dude have two apx 18 inch with 8 candence amplifiers 4 on each sub

http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Various/dbdragdeathmatch.wmv

Silver Member

Post Number: 338
k thanks.....what size alternator do i need to upgrade to and do i need another battery or just a alternator.....when i upgrade to new bigger alternator will be lights stop dimming and brighting and all that crap and also would it give me more power to the sub?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1503
dude wtf are u seroius??? ur planning to get an atomic 18 inch wiht 4 amps??? dude your gonna blow ur fakin car apart its gonna be too much pressure and vibrations, and if u planning to do that tune at 28-32hz the box for daily driver, dude with that much noise ur gonna have a headache everyday u get in to the car,

if u ruunin those amps get a 350amp alternator from irragi on ebay, if u cant get from them call escesive amperage to make u a 350-380 amp alternator if u can get two 200 alternators it will the best for you and dimming will stop and your amps will not clip so easily

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1654
i'd look for a PA a3000db instead of hifo 2006d if you're going for Spl setup like a freak hehe...

Tyler did you steal a bank?

Silver Member

Post Number: 339
lol no i just got my rims stolen but i called home insureance and they gave me 2000 for them and i only paid 1400 for the 20's LOL but i have like 1100 left or somethin like that....how many of them pa 3000 watt amps can i put on that atomic apxx 18?

Silver Member

Post Number: 340
lol no i just got my rims stolen but i called home insureance and they gave me 2000 for them and i only paid 1400 for the 20's LOL but i have like 1100 left or somethin like that....how many of them pa 3000 watt amps can i put on that atomic apxx 18? or can i just get a 6500 soundstream amp? and just use that one amp for that sub

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1504
hey bro i got like new set of 20 inch rims with low profile tires if u interested contact me read my other tread for more info Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1505
if u can put like 4 in there ull have some serious system but with 2 its good for every day drivin ur planning to get on competitions 4 will be fine fisrt chose how many amps ur planning to put then chose the voice coil configuration

Silver Member

Post Number: 344
would one soundstream 6500 watt amp work good with the 18 apxx or can i strap 4 1600 watt hifonics or 2 or 3 pa 3000 watt amp?....man im gonna get out of the wheel bussiness for awhile im gonna wait a couple of years untill ill look into gettin some wheels but thanks

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1511
if that amps its 6500 rms at 1 ohm wil be fine get a dual 2 ohm apxx, if the amps its like 3250 rms it wil be fine too and get dual 2 ohm so u can have 1ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
i can get that map for 700$ but i dunno if i want to get 4 hifonics amps or not what do u think i should do man tell me what would be the best and loudest without spendin a sh!tlod of money

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us