Sub how many watts is this?

Mike
I just got 2 300 watt RMS sub and a mono amp I hooked them up to rin on two ohs so it puts out 500 RMS but since its a mone amp dose that mean that each speaker will be getting 500 watts or 250 each since each would have half of 500 watts please help and THANKS

Anonymous
Why are you hooking up 2 subs to a mono amp. If you are if you hook them up in parrallel they will have more power than if you hook them up series. See what ohms ur speakers are then set the amp to that ohm. Don't just set it to the one with the most power. This may frie your amp.

Mike
parralel is 2 ohms as i stated on my first post and that dose deliver more power so the question still remains

slamin sam
First buy a better amp,but no there gitting 250w each so hook them up in a series after getting that new amp and it will sound way better. And for this other person "Anonymous" series and parrallel are the same thing, it's all positive's linked together and all nagative's linked together so each speaker would therefor recieve 500w

Derek
Series and parrallel ar not the same thing. Series doubles the impedence (and increases powerhandling). Parrallel lowers impedence in half and doubles sensitivity.

Match the amps nominal impedence to the speakers. If the amp handles a minimum of 2 ohms and your speakers are 2 ohms each I would connect them in series for an easy-to-drive 4 ohm load.

you can hook up two subs to a mono amp, mono just means 1 ohm, so i dont matter

bdm
James, mono only means one. Not one ohm, one channel. It depends on the type of amp that you have to how many ohms it can handle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us