Xbox in trunk. Would too much bass be a problem?

Username: T187b

Post Number: 9
Im just getting my xbox installed in my trunk because thats where the room is. I plan to have it modded and run all my music off of it to my touch screen apline. I am wondering whether or not the dude @ the Car audio place was right saying that the bass hitting the Xbox might screw it up or he's heard issues of that being a problem.

Can anyone with experience let me know. I have a really loud system so I wanna know if this guy is true or not. Hopefully wish me the best as I have had enough problems in the past. Thank you.

Username: Janemf

Post Number: 1
I just tried to hook up my xbox in my van w/ a 100W DC to AC inverter and it wouldn't work- I noticed the new power cord I got from their recall keeps popping out the reset button, and that it says 330W on the power cord- any suggestions; do I need a 400W inverter?

Bronze Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 84
most likely you'll need a 400w inverter. Xbox suck a good bit of power. That may be fine for a ps2 tho.

@ Taylor The bass "might" be a problem is it's hitting real hard, other than that you should be fine just make sure it's not in front on your subs and secure so it doesn't move around

Bronze Member
Username: Havok13154

Poway san diego, Ca USA

Post Number: 24
it is the hard drive you need to worry about. i assume if you mod it you wont be using the dvd much at all?

if you put a mac mini in your car with a lot of bass you only really need to worry about the hard drive so i think that is what he ment.

Username: Psychedelic_feta

Post Number: 8
Taylor: The guy at the garage was right, get it away from your subs

Jane: an xbox will draw between 210 Watts and 266.7 watts

That's based on 100V x 2.1A = 210W or 127V x 2.1A = 266W

You should just get an inverter that runs at 300Watts continuous maximum power or 600Watts Peak. Also, you will need a direct connection to your battery the same way an amplifier would. A cigarette lighter plug is nowhere NEAR strong or fused high enough to handle that kind of power demand.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us