Extra Pre-outs w/ head unit

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 157
I am driving a 1999 Mercury sable and i need to keep my head unit it because for the particular upgraded model i have, no1 makes a dash kit, and i dont want to have one fabrocated. So i need to get 3 pre-outs....someone suggested an LC6, ive read about it but i dont understand...for each pre out do i need 1 speaker input? also, is there any cross over that could go with this? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3766
You have the one with the electronic A/C controls? If you don't, they probably do make a dash kit for it. You could use a bunch of Y-Splitters or sure, the LC6 might work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
i have the electronic A/C controls....and why do u say the LC6 "MIGHT" work, what does that mean

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
COPY FROM OTHER POST THAT I THOUGHT WAS DELETED

Im keeping my factory head unit in the car because i cant place the head unit in the dash because they dont make a dash kit for my car and i dont want to fabrocate one myself. So i need to get at least 3 pre-outs. I dont completely understand what a crossover is yet or anything like that, but i am looking into getting a nice Hi-Lo converter, something like the LC6:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AudioControl-LC6-6Ch-Line-Output-Converter-Hi-to-Low_W0QQite mZ150016049562QQihZ005QQcategoryZ14931QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

my question is, 1) how does that work....2) someone told me that putting an Ipod and a TV through a Hi-lo is terrible idea....is that true?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us