Firewall on 92 accord. How to i get my amp power wire through?

Username: Coleshill

Stouffville, ON Canada

Post Number: 6
Ok, I tried getting through the one place that I could see in the firewall, but its sealed (this isnt exactly a bad thing). Has anyone had any experience wiring a 92 accord?

Bronze Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 12
Depending on what gauge wire you are running...I would drill through the firewall.However, if you are going to run 0 gauge I would reccomend run the wire along the chassis and cable tieing the wire down so it doesn't get damaged but then you will have to drill into the trunk.If you drill into the trunk I reccomend going to a local auto parts store and picking up a large bushing or grommet to seal the hole you drilled so that it is a tight seal and not allowing water in.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2556
i have a 92 accord and have my 1/0 AWG running down the passenger side. theres a gromet with a hold large enough for 4AWG to run through right above the computer in the passenger floor board. you got plenty of room to run it through and bend it around to start down the side of the car to the back so you don't see any buldges in the floor.

it does have to be drilled out to fit anything larger toeh 4AWG. if you do have to drill, i think its the fuel filter but not totally sure, but its on the other side of the hole and you will hit it if you drill too far beyond the hole.

Robert - there is no chassis to run wire in on a 92 accord. unibody. the only spot you could run it is down the center where the exhaust runs. that will be way too hot for the wire and you'd run into problems.

Bronze Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 27
Well as far as the car not having a chassis... oops?But I guarantee there is a way to run the wire on the underside of the car.I wouldn't want to run that big of a wire through my interior that's for sure.My friend had a 2000 Malibu which has a Unibody as well and I ran his 0 gauge along the pinch-welds.If you are handy with cable ties I'm sure you could make it work.

Username: Tyler88

Post Number: 8
I have a 2001 accord and there was a factory grommet above and the the left of the gas pedal with a little rubber stopper in it. www.honda-acura.net forum has a bunch on hondas so i would look there for advice...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4821
you can run a pvc pipe underneath your car and run the cable through that.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos13

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 155
wait so you uys run your wire on the bottom of the car? wth i never knew you could do that everyone i know alwayys run the wire from the inside even if its 0 gauge they usually run it down the center. so its dangegrous to have a wire as big as 0 ggauge in your car? lol

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 33
where do i run my 2 gauge wire for my pontiac grand prix gt 1997 cuz the only place i have found was threw the door and that just cuts into the wire but i dont know were else i could run it

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4842
well at the moment i am running my 0 gauge inside the car. i have 1 0 gauge for positive and 1 for negative and it fit. i intend to run another set of 0 gauge to the back and thats when i am gonna use the pvc pipe method.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 37
To many running a 0 gauge through the car is a no no simply because of the massive amount of EMF it releases. That being said, for a DIY install it's probably better to run it in the (relatively) safe confines of the vehicle. I second the grommet on the passenger side idea, worked perfect in my chicks 92.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2717
the EMF from a couple runs of 1/0 gague wire through your car will be no worse then the hundreds of wires running all through your house walls and all the electrical appliances you have running...

Bronze Member

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 44
I wasn't thinking about the humans in this equation. :-) I was talking about the fact that large EMF fields in cars are bad for the signal path.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2719
haha, ok, then i retract my previous comments i made to myself about how stupid that post was :-)

still, i've seen people wrap RCA's around their power wire before and have no noise problems. i think thats kinda car dependant, because i have had noise through RCA's before and had to move them...

Bronze Member

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 49
Its dependant upon the situation.

People will wrap a subs RCAs around power wire to "demonstrate" that Radiated noise is not an issue. In many cases it is not with a sub, as the most obvious symptom of EMF noise is a high frequency that a sub will not reproduce. Also, by placing the signal cable "wrapped" around a power wire, it's actually in a better position to reject the noise being induced into it than a rca that lies next to a power wire.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2728
agreed, i still run them seperate if possible anyway. usually too much to fit down the side a car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us