Rainbow Profis

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1318
i just ordered a set of Rainbow CS 265 Profis to go with my ED NINe.2x. im pretty excited to see how they sound in my car, ive never heard them in an SUV before. if i like them ill order a set of the CS 265 Profi kicks and another NINe.2x so i can actually hear something over the subs.

im still looking for a nice set of 6.5 midbass drivers. if at all possible i would like to run them off the HU because im running out of space for amps. they will be put in the back doors of my mountaineer just for a little fill. id like to spend under 200-250. be honest and tell me if you really think its necessary to have them?

thanks

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1321
alteraudio, does CDT make a simple midbass that i should look into? the rainbows im looking at need alot of power and im really not looking foreward to getting another amp.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2564
Yay! another Rainbow user on the forum :-)

where did you order from Jake?? please tell me you didn't order from Speedsound?!?!?

and yeah, Rainbows can take a lot of power. whenever i can get a second set of Symbilink cables and once i pick up some vynal tomorrow, i got a Zapco Reference 1000 thats gonna power my Profi vanadiums with 250 watts a side. they got 175 on them now.

as far as the rear fill goes, its not that important, but you might like it, kinda a personal preference thing. but you'd have to find a way to band pass them either actively with the HU and Amp crossovers or with a passive crossover. couldn't tell you a passive set that anyone makes.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1327
brandon i got them from my uncle, he knew someone in the chicago area that sells rainbow at somewhat decient prices.

i think im going to forget about the rear fill until i get everything up front set. hopefully ill get the first set in by the middle of auguest and then the kicks done before the middle of september.

what would you suggest for tweet placement? A pillar, dash, or what? and also do you have any pics of your speaker setup?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2574
idk who sells Rainbow in Chicago. theres only 2 dealers in the US. one in New Jersey and one in Georgia. make sure its the current line of stuff. the older stuff, like what speedsound sells, is good for its time but the new stuff blows it away!

best thing to do with the tweeter is go buy a roll of tape and move them around till you find the spot you like. every car is different so you'll get different results depending on where you put the tweeter.

kick panels are great but can be useless depending on the car they are going in.

i posted a thread a while back when i was working on my install (which i'm working on again, lol, upping the power). heres the link again:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/220116.html

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

Australia

Post Number: 144
What parts of your system are you changing Brandon?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2585
Simon - keeping the Zapco Reference 750.2 bridged on the sub, but putting a Reference 1000 on the components. thats 250 watts a side now, and i'm redoing the amprack because everything has to move.

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

Australia

Post Number: 158
Oh ok, cool. I'm sure you'll let us know how it goes.

Sorry Jake, you can have your thread back now :-)

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2589
lol, bad simon.

still working on it all, never have the time and things can't go right for me, lol. i have the Reference 1000 on the components now. 250 a side now from 175. not too much a difference, a little louder of course and a little more mid bass is all i've noticed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us