Need advice on distortion

Username: Fran33

Post Number: 1
Alright I have a sony CD playr thats fairly new was on sale for 200$ and 2 rear pioner speackers that i got at wall mart for about 99$, 220 wats...and two 12 inch subs in my trunk that have a dule channel amp 340 wats running to them,the wire can handle i think....it was 400 watts, i hear lots of distortion from the speackers after i hit about....25-27 out of 39 of the volume, how can i get it to reach full with out distortion, do i need an amp on the speckers too? And what type of speackers do u recomend me to buy if i need new ones....o and i have no room in the front of my car for speackers cuz its an old 1979 malibu classic lol, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 520
ok you never want to turn your head unit up past 3/4 because in an easy way to understand blow your speakers.

if it is your speakers that are distorting then yes an amp will help maybe something that does 75rmsx2@4ohm

if your willing to do some work and depending on your budget you get make speakers fit in your doors or buy/make custom kick pannels to hold some 6.5 components
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us