Re-sealing Rubber Surrounds

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 286
I need to know what the best glue or adhersive is to use to re-seal a rubber surround on a sub. It is still glued to the rubber but not to the basket. Anyone know what to use???

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4486
how about gorilla glue. they are suppose to be the toughest.

Silver Member

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 287
Its worth a shot... just wanted to see if anyone knew before I tested different stuff. gonna pound on the sub anyway.. don't care if it blows. only a memphis lvs 15. im just waiting for my re sx 15 to come back, the motor shifted in it so it was useless to me :-(. audio comp tomorrow so i was gonna use what i;ve got which is just that damn memphis lvs. got some rigging to do on it but ill make it work. ive heard about people using windshield glue? that a good idea?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4487
the windshield glue would work better i think. i didn't think about that. that stuff is so tough.

Silver Member

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 289
so windshield glue.. but does that stuff actually completely dry? seems to stay tacky to me but idk

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4488
man make up your mind damn it. lol.

just go with gorilla glue. that sh!t is strong.

Silver Member

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 290
I'ma try that tonight and if it works ill go to the comp and see what i pull with that lvs and let everyone know if the gorilla glue can hold :-) ...

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 839
wtf?, i was just readingthis and i saw that you said that you dont care if your memphis lvs 15 blows or not, unless im thinkin of a different sub, that a thousand dollar sub your talkin about so wtf is wrong with you?

Silver Member

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 291
its a memphis... lol. thats all i can say. i don't like it and if you saw it right now you'd s-h-i-t yourself .. Lol. part of the basket is blown apart and all the rubber surround is unglued. guess thats what happen when you abuse a sub ;) .. ive got a re sx 15" but the motor shifted cuz the basket got hit so im just waiting till i get that back from RE so im fix this lvs and run it till it dies.. btw how much power can it take?

Username: Bassmaster602

PHX, ARIZONA USA

Post Number: 6
YO I USED KRAZIE GLUE... BUT WATCH OUT IT ONLY TAKE ABOUT 3 SECONDS TO DRIE BUT IT WORKS GOOOOOOD

Silver Member

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 292
i just went ahead and used gorilla glue.. its setup now but im going to let it set all day before i test it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us