Kicker l7 too what?

Username: Henrito0

Post Number: 1
i have 2 L7 kickers with a hifonics amp class d

i want to upgrade i have a 2000 cougar

im thinking about the solox 12 inch? but what do you guys recommend?

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1148
If you want your bass to sound like ass and get killer loud then look at a Solo X. Me, I can't stand SPL subs, I need good SQ too.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 117
How much you looking to spend on a sub?

Post Number: 2
well i was looking at 450 to 650 i just want one. i love the idea that just one sub can make some much noise. i agree i need sq as well but i want some spl in it. i want it to hit real hard while keeping the sound quality at best. do u go know anywhere i can get these subs?

u c im really interested in the solo x 12 inch, but before i really purchase it im doing research to see if i can find a sub that hit more and sq stays on point

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 396
http://cgi.ebay.com/Resonant-Engineering-RE-12-XXX-2006-model-MINT_W0QQitemZ3300 11887078QQihZ014QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Post Number: 3
question here i mean the solo x 12 inch produces 2500 wats rms and the re xxx is 2000 rms? why wouldnt the kicker be better? but if u guys recommend the re 12 ill buy it in an instant

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 266
man get the solo x they hit HARD if u power them correctly just get one 12 and get a big box with a big port and turn your amp to ur box and you are set....u willl have to get the box made though cause they dont make boxes for solo x but give it some big power with a amp all i gotta say and u will be happy

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 121
First off, you can't go 100% of RMS ratings. A highly efficient sub with 500rms will hit harder, and a terribly inefficient sub with 2000rms. Yes, there is a trend that the more power the louder a driver will get, but not all subs rated at higher power ratings will get louder than lower rated subs.

The 06 XXX is a nice driver, but people I know who own them aren't very impressed. They didn't hit any crazy high numbers, and they said they didn't sound amazing or anything. Let me know how much power your amp puts out, and I can suggest something that will be better overall.

Post Number: 4
what the best sq sub out there in the market for my price range(450 to 650). i want both sq and spl but the basss is the number thing i really want.

solo x... i guess it the way

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 125
YOU WANT A SQL SUB!!!

And there is no best one. The SI mag is one of the best ones though.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1415
"man get the solo x they hit HARD if u power them correctly just get one 12 and get a big box with a big port and turn your amp to ur box and you are set....u willl have to get the box made though cause they dont make boxes for solo x but give it some big power with a amp all i gotta say and u will be happy"

Tyler, i hope you're not serious, they get loud, but we're talking about RE man, REEE!!!

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 270
i have heard a 12 solo x and 1 18 solo x and they are loud but i havent heard the RE and what they sound like who makes the RE sub?

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 326
SQL? u have to get a DD9100 series that would blow a RE to piece man www.ddaudio.com order a 9100 may be a bit more then 600 save some more moeny it be well worth the purchase!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1429
people ill say the atomics but theres people around here that think atomic its not too great ummmmmmmm that hurt my feelins hahah, well get a atomic apxx and atomic 2200.1 amp tune it to 30hz ull be loud as hell and clean like my room

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1172
LILROB, quit pushing atomic on ppl! And btw, i heard about 1 guy doing 160 DB with 1 15" RE XXX. so i would wayy rather go with the solo x.

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1173
crap, i meant rather go with the xxx, not solo x.

Post Number: 5
thing is that im kinda sort a knew to the whole spl sq thing, ijust always though kicker was great and jl audio was great too. to tell u the truth i neevr herd the dd audio or re xxx but now since evrybody like the re xxx and u it can hit real hard im a go with the re xxx since evryybody choses that sub the most! thanks guys
whatamp would power it up beautifuly? wha kinda capacitor? batteries?\

i loved bass before but now it all i wanna do is have a beautiful system.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1158
for an amp look for one that does 2000-2500wrms, maybe a kicker 2500.1 if you can afford it. and you don't need a cap., you'll need to get a ho alt. and new battery and big 3 upgrade.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us