Ot - why do hu's play different bass?

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 513
i have my alpine HU, and a JVC, i had the alpine in my dads truck for a while, and the JVC in my van, then the other day i put the Alpine back in my van, i notice the bass notes are stronger, and not as sloppy as the JVC, but the JVC put out much lower notes, with the JVC i could really get a rood shaking with this one song, and now with the alpine and same song, it barely vibrates, but the bass is louder. is this just because of different specs on different HU's?

while im on the HU topic, i have this Innovatek 386DVD-4 and some one meseed with the wiring, so theres no harness, just wires, and i cant get sound out of them, i can get a little bit of sound out the sb if its hooked up, but none from the speaker wires, is it screwed?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1432
its becuz of the preout voltage and the alpine is a nicer deck then the jvc.....alpines have good sq like the eclipse.....id keep the alpine if i were u......is it an old alpine???cuz those are the best HUs they made!!!!!
i felt the diff from my stock HU to my eclipse HU its very very very noticible my bass doesnt have ne static it hits tight and my stock HU made the bass a lil lower but not as loud.....

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1394
yeah, that's right.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3709
It's usually where it emphasizes the bass-all in the circuitry.

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 514
alpine CDE-9843, got it last year the jvc is older...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us