10" sub for s-10 suggestions.

Bronze Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 61
I have a 2000 S-10 and am looking for suggestions on a really good 10" sub that can operate in the very small space I have. I would like it to be loud but also have supreme SQ. I have no budget so give me what will work and I'll find an amp that would suit its needs. I don't know if it matters but I listen to hard rock\alternative most of the time, occasionally some rap. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 272
first off, everyone has a budget. If the best 10 inch subs cost 1milllion dollars apiece, you probably wouldn't be able to buy them. So, please, seriously, what kind of money are you wanting to spend? If you want to go fairly inexpensive (not CHEAP, there is a difference), I would suggest 2 Ascendant Audio Assassins and an Audiobahn A8000T amp. That altogether would run around $300 or maybe a little more. Just a suggestion.

Bronze Member

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 62
Ok, but what about this. I just stumbled across it. Would it work good?
http://cgi.ebay.com/MTX-THUNDERFORM-CHEVY-S-10-S10-CUSTOM-SUB-BOX-W-10-NEW_W0QQi temZ140010391839QQihZ004QQcategoryZ32823QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 311
well i take it you have a regular cab so your mounting depth will have to be around like 7 inches or less. and are you buying a prefab box?

Bronze Member

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 63
My truck is a regular cab and I am looking to buy a prefab box. I know that I don't have alot of choices for a sub that will sound good and get loud with such a small amount of room, but I figured that the MTX Thunderform box would work well if that sub is any good. I don't know anything about MTX though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us