Infinity vs Boston Acoustics

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 287
Infinity Kappa 6x8s and 6x9s
or
Boston Acoustics 6x8s and 6x9s?

the boston 6x9s have dual 1" tweeters and the 6x8s have a 3/4" tweeter..
The infinity kappa 6x9s have a midrange and 1" tweeter and the 6x8s have a 1" tweeter..

Suggestions please and if they have different sound which one is louder and which one is more sound quality...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3693
I'd get the Kappas, but only if you plan on running an amp to them.

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 290
which speakers are better though?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2697
both of them are nice. i tend to like the BA's over the kappa's a little, but it might have been the car setup that i heard them in.

both are good speakers

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 205
Better is subjective. Both brands are going to offer a reliable product, the difference is going to be how they sound to you. If you can, you'll be best served to get out and listen to both sets. I'm personally a fan of BA over Infinity speakers, but that's just my opinion based on how I think they sound. There are plenty of people who swear by Infinity.

Loudness and SQ will depend largely on the rest of your setup and the quality of your install.

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1085
i would lean to BA only because my experience with inifinty has been they are way too bright. i have them in two cars and both i have problems with the highs being too piercing even with EQ toning down the highs. my experience with BA has been better, much more neutral sounding and better bass.

Username: Pitchblack

Post Number: 4
Yeah go with the BA. thats what i have in my car and they are amazing sounding.The highs arnt piercing and the mids are good

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 305
are they like the best on the market? and do they compare to mb quart components or diamond audio components?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 206
I would consider BA one of the top brands in that price range, and I'd say they're probably comparable to Diamond Audio speakers. I might rank MB Quart a little ahead of both, but then again you're going to pay a bit more for MB. It also depends on the specific series and speaker you're looking at. Value wise I'd still go with BA.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 270
That is a special crowd of people that listens and likes BA and Kappa's, sorry, but I am not in that crowd.

Whatever you pick, don't go with 6x8s or 6x9s, but go with 6.5s.

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 14
I would go with kappas over the BA but, I tend like bright sounding speakers. Go listen to both before you decide though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us