RE XXX 15" vs. Massive Audio DMX 15"

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 142
Which of these subs would be the best sql sub? Looking for more SPL but still want decent SQ... Going in ported box that can be built up to 8 cu. ft.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1402
if ur thinkin the new xxx it will be better, if ur comparin ol skool the massive its louder but the xx its cleaner plus get a nice amp cuz if u get the dmx its quad coil so u can run it at lower ohms at competitions and high ohms for daily drivin

Silver Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 145
im talkin about the new XXX... which would you take for killer bass?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1407
the new xxx if u want a great ql cobination but ur gonna need tons of power ofr the new xx at leats like 2500 rms, because of their structure they need tons of power to get loud, but yeah the xxx its very underated on the rms , but if your going for more boomby bass and less depth go with the massive audio dmx and get a massive audio 1500.1 my friend from the shop its pullin 151.4 at the windshield

Bronze Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 33
You will want to pll more than 1500 rms on it though. Go with an IA 20.1 or Massive P3000.1. Massive did make a few in DVC 2 ohm as well. XXX willbe lil cleaner but the Massive is bad to the bone.

Silver Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 148
the massive is also 200 cheaper!! lol

Silver Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 149
I really cant decide, I'm torn between the RE XXX, S.I. MAG, Massive Audio DMX and the Treo SSX... All in 15" sizes. Any suggestions?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1409
wat if u can get some atomics apocalypsis series??? ull have pretty much same sq from the xxx and lot more spl if u get the apx and because they are so efficient with 1.5k rms ull be fine

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1421
theres an apolapypsis `5 inch on ebay right now u can get it for 170 and its gonna be comparable to those subwoofers in spl

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atomic-Apocolypse-15-SPL-Competition-Subwoofer-d2-ohm_W0QQit emZ250012489852QQihZ015QQcategoryZ18804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 118
Well that guy was hitting 148dbs with that sub. That is less than half the output he should get with the Massive DMX.

Also, the DMX is about 1/4th the price of the RE XXX. That is if you get it directly from RE.

Also, if you are looking to pay the price for a new RE XXX, why not just buy a SS XXX? That will cost you way less than the 06 Re XXX, and get just as loud! It is an amazing SPL sub.

Bronze Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 37
I didnt think of that Ben. The SS XXX would be pretty bad too. But its for straight SPL though.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1424
hey so wat u mean its that with the dmx ull be hittin around 160 with a single sub??? i dont think so, the most a single 15 inch dmx cam do that i had watched its 156.sometin with a single 15 inch with 3k rms to it

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 123
What? Who said he would be hitting 160dbs with any sub?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1427
u say it, or im wrong

Well that guy was hitting 148dbs with that sub. That is less than half the output he should get with the Massive DMX.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1428
u say it, or im wrong

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 126
Every 3 db's is twice the output. Every 10 db will sound twice as loud to the human ear. So he would need to hit over 151 db's with the dmx to get over twice the output. So I believe everything I said was true.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us