My subs\amp clip\cutout HELP!!!

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 317
Ok so my system has been working fine for about a month or 2 on the setup i have now with the 2 10" pioneers and the power acoustik plasma sphere amp, and today out of nowhere it keeps cutting out once it trys to push a decent amount of power, i swapped out the amp with my power acoustik gothic series 1600 amp and it looks like the amp is getting clipped very bad on almost 0% gain, i dont understand what is going on and all i can think of to be the problem is my subwoofers.... could they be causing this fu<ked up problem? Is there a way i can test them? Also i just found out amps put out AC current to power the subwoofer... formula is like AC VOltage Squared divided by resistance = watts rms right? Is there anything i can get that will regulate how much AC voltage is to come out, so i can like use my house power socket and regulate the power coming down sdo its not as strong to see if the sub really handles what it should, and to see if it is blown, the amps dont give it enough power.... i am going to check the inside of the box today... but i dont think it would have anything wrong.. both subs stay hitting just very weak and fade in and out almost like i have no power.... but i tested that and i have well enough for it... redtop and yellow top are both fully charged.. is a 1.5ft 8g. power wire to long for the amp maybe? i used a 2.5ft 8g. on the stronger amp i had on it before the plasma sphere and it seemed to be fine, and not get to hot at all, BTW both these amps are less then 3 months old.. i just got new ones from P.A. when these burned out from the audioburns...

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 500
altinater goin bad? a bad ground? loose wire... check all the simple stuff man.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 323
fixed it.... i forgot about a 2nd inline fuse i have under my carpet right before the wire enters the trunk... it was popped and my battery in the trunk was at 5v when i tested it again, i replaced it and its working fine... now to put the other amp back in there,.... the gothic series looks like its clipping my power still even after the charge... correct gain and all... use the stronger amp waste less power.. makes perfect sense right??? not really.. the gothic series amp was only used for mayb less that 2 weeks total
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us