2nd batt

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 469
Since i'm going to be playing with more power than i ever dreamed of and the largest alt i can get for my car is 200 amp i'm def gonna be adding a battery.

Is it okay to keep my stock starting battery and then throw a yellow top in the trunk??? i thought i read somwhere that if you hooked up 2 batts that aren't the same in parrellel they'll eventually drain 1 because the internal resistance is different or something like that lol. Keep in mind my car is always on when my system is on so i don't want/need an isolator. htx

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3686

quote:

my car is always on when my system is on

Then a second battery setup might not be what you're looking for. By adding a second battery, all you've really done is add another load for the alternator to charge=worse life for the alternator.

What kind of system are you running that would exceed your HO alt?

Silver Member

Post Number: 470
Um I have an American bass xa3000 on the way...for now its only pushin one sub and i'm not gonna let it feed it more than 1000 watts. But when i'm all done its gonnna be pushing at least 2 subs and i'm gonna drop it down too .5 ohms and it should throw out at least 4000 prolly more like 5000 watts :-). Totally unneccesary but my friend just got a pair of w7s and i have to show him up bigtim lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
XD3000*

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3690
What size are the fuses on the amp? Or does it have fuses? That's the best way to figure out current draw in your case...

Silver Member

Post Number: 472
I'm not sure if it has fuses...it's being shipped now...i'll ask the guy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us