2 12w3 vs 2 type-r 12

Silver Member
Username: Tiggerboi87

Pensacola, FL United States

Post Number: 112
Right now i have two type-r 12 being powered by two alpine mrd-605 amps. I am thinking of switching to two 12w3. Both of them should be able to run off of one of my amps. I just want to know which would most of yall choose between these and which ones would get the loudest,deepest, and which set would just plain sound better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
Comin people i need info

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 317
keep the R man the r's are way louder what matter not enjoying the bass the 2 12" r are givin out? Jl isnt gona be much better unless u want quality in which case the type R would have better quality then the w3 if u got them tuned high and not satisfied tune them lower to 30-28HZ if u got them tuned low and not satisfied tune them higher 35 to 40HZ the higher tuning means more bass!

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
Haha yea i just want more spl with while still using the same amps i have now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
more bass fine then tune type R to 40HZ ud def notice a difference

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
Theres a problem. I dont know how to do this. I do have a ported box. But i dont know how you tune them. I thought u had to do it when you make it.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8231
rule number 1..on the fourm never listen to andy...lol

the spl...change will not be noticable...but the sq the jl's will produce will be...

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
haha i c. Well i was also thinking of goin up to the 12w6's. Those will do something i hear(ive never heard them personaly)

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
those type R would def be louder then the W6 chauncey hates alpine so of course hes gona put them down the drain!if u want spl keep the R if u want SQ i guess the W6 but it wont be nearly as loud as your R's if u port them correctly

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1389
I would go for the JL W6 becuz thier sound quality is amazing and also the are very well built i no ppl who still have JLs from the 90s that work amazing...GO for the JL

i think of the type R as a beginner sub....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us