Treo SSI's

Bronze Member
Username: Homercleeze

Post Number: 28
im going to be getting a pair of SSI 12's, but im waitin because im not sure which amp to power them with. i dont want to spend 1300 for two jl 1000/1's so if anyone has any input on which i should go with it would really help. two diamond audio d6 1000/1 or the soundstreamPCA2000D. im leaning toward the diamond audios right now. or is it really worth it to suck up the extra 5 or 6 hundred for the two JL's?

Bronze Member
Username: Poremski1628

Post Number: 36
you could go with a audiobahn A8000T or A8000V for each SSI i have one SSI and thats what im running it off of

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4445
why not a kicker kx2500.1?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
thanks chad, i was trying to save a few hundred, but i guess im best off biting the bullet, you get what you pay for. treo's website doesnt have specs for enclosures, so if i want to port these how should i have the box made, and what should it be tuned to? i got a buddy who can build me a box, i just need to get him the specs. thanks man

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4458
i have my 2 ssi 12s in a 4.7 common chamber box with 2 4inch aero ports tuned to 36hz and it pounds hard. you can tune it lower like 33hz if you want more sq. i like my box and the tuning freq right now. it gets loud. (((((((BOOM)))))))

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
thats 4.7 cube per sub? or total?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1404
nice sound effects chad....:-O
Yellow People ha

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1405
nice sound effects chad....:-O
Yellow People ha

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 1728
lol yellow people that was racist lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4459
yeah i know. wtf man. lol. no its cool. he just messing around.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4460
"thats 4.7 cube per sub? or total?"

thats total. both subs are in one chamber that is 4.7 cuft.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
thanks for all your help chad, boxes and speakers are definatly my weak points in car audio, i dont know jack about either. would i need to go bigger if i wanted to slot port them instead of aero port? also i was looking at a site just to test run numbers to see how big the box would actually be and if it would leave me space in my trunk, just to double check my math, what exactly is subwoofer displacment? its different from the total cube of the box no? once again thanks for all the help

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4473
its how much space the sub takes up in a box. the sub displacement for the ssi 12 is .096 cuft.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us