Friend needs a new sub

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2050
my friend has a kx1200.1 amp and 2 12inch cvr's ported, but now he wants something new he said he wants one 15 ported. he doesn't have a set budget, hes gonna save up for whatever sub he chooses but im sure he doesn't want a 1000 dollar sub, i was thinking AA havoc, SI mag, TREO ssi/ssx, RE xxx {old version}RE sx, Audioque hd, DD 9500, mmats juggernaut, TC9 and any other sub you can think of, so out of these choices which would you choose, he wants something thats gonna be a lot louder than the cvr's with better sq.

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2053
BUMP

Bronze Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 100
An SI mag would be amazing. If you have any questions about them let me know. I made a video of mine today and they are AWESOME!

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2054
ya the mag was the first sub that came to mind, the only thing is that i haven't heard to many reviews about it, but if its as good as you and alter say it should be one badass sub. how would it compare to the other subs listed in spl and sq, and also are you on the low-hz forum, i joined but can't log on for some reason, thanks for the response.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 101
As far as overall SQL goes most would agree the mag is the best out of those subs.

Subs like the DD ones, will get louder and have more powering handling than the mags, but can't compete at all in the SQ compartment. And the mag is by no means a low output sub. A pair of 12's can hit in the mid 150's, which is a LOT of output. Also, here is a review from another forum. Check out the guys credentials. He has tested a few subs in his time.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169073&highlight=SI

And I am on the Low-Hz forum. Sometimes the forum is weird with different browsers.

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 933
showrides were did you post your video i wana see lol

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 102
www.Low-Hz.com/LHVIDEO

So far people seem to really like it. I also posted it on this forum in another thread in the subwoofer section. I will send that link right after I post this.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 103
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/251606.html

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2055
thanks for the info showrides, i'll definately steer my friend in the direction of the mag, the vid was very nice to. what size of box would you recommend, i was thinking 3-4cf tuned to 35hz would that be good or a little bit lower tune.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 104
single mag 12:

2.5 cuft
20 sq inches of vent 16" long

or

2 4" areo's 21" long

If you don't have the room for that, go 1.5 cubes tuned to around 32Hz, and it will sound great.

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 368
Id say go with a 9500 dd you can pick them up on ebay for like 200 or 300, or a 05 and under xxx there still one of the best subs out there too. Also going ebay for around 300.

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2059
ya i'll just tell my friend about all the pros and cons of each sub then let him deciede, im pretty sure any sub mentioned would be a step up from the cvr's i just wanna make sure he gets the right one so he doesn't have to buy a different one in a couple of months.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8647
just something i remember reading on DD forum -

a 9500 can handle @ least 2000wrms with ease so u should rule it out with ur amp . A guy on another forum im on has a 9515 with a crossfire amp putting 2000wrms on it & he wants 2 get a bigger amp cause he realised it can handle more , guys on DD forum put 3000/4000wrms daily on a 9500

So from i read a DD 3515 will be better suited 2 handle ur amp's power even though these subs can handle 2000wrms also but 1200 will be a good daily driver ...

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 105
That is just one more reason why the mags would work better. They are very efficient drivers and with 1200rms your friend would get full output out of them. The DD subs will get super loud, but you need a small powerplant to get them moving to full excursion.

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2061
ya i knew they could take more power but just threw them in there anyway, really only the mag, tc9, re sx, and treo ssi had an rms rateing close to 1200watts, the rest really need more power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us