Aa assassian

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 67
do you think the audiobahn a8000t would work for 2 12" assassians?

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 502
yep

Username: Sbeauchamp

Baltimore, Maryland

Post Number: 1
i am looking save a little bit of room in my trunk. I have a pair of JL 12" w1's. does anybody recommend getting a 12"alpine type X and running it with my JL 500/1?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
thay are single 4 ohm vc. how would you recommend wiring them

Username: Sbeauchamp

Baltimore, Maryland

Post Number: 2
im an idiot. so for any other idiots out there..i meant replacing the w1's with the type x. would it be worth it? is 500 watts enough for the 12" type X?

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 120
no if you want to use the 500 watt amp get the Type R's..

Silver Member
Username: Nikoncd

Post Number: 121
whats your budget Steve? Type-X is a fairly power hungry, how about an AA Assassin/Arsenal, SS RL-p12, or maybe a JLw6 if money permits. They had a sale going on ebay awhile ago, a guy was selling RE SE's for $199.99 each + shipping - not sure if its going on anymore. The Type-R's are alright, and your 500/1 would power them fine.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 481
kyle think about it how would you wire two svc 4ohm subs to an amp that does its max power at 2 ohms.....

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2664
rms on a type-x is 1000, so i wouldnt put a jl 500/1 on one sub. i would get 2 500/1 and put one on each coil

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
i know that if the subs are dvc and 4 ohm them you wire in parallel to get them to 2 ohms. but is it the same for svc?

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 274
Hey Kyle, dont ya just hate it when other people try to hijack your post? Anyway, if ONE sub is DVC and you wire it parallel, you will get 2 ohms If you get 2 Assassins and wire them parallel, yes you will get 2ohms, and yes, the Audiobahn A8000T is good for the Assassins. it will give them each 400 watts, which is a pretty good match since they can handle 400-450 watts each.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us