Kicker 12" l7s

Username: Fatman_lash

J-ville, FL USA

Post Number: 2
ok sorry if this is already posted but im trying to figure out if my 500w amp will run my 2 12" kicker l7s. Also when I got them they didnt have the caps on them is that going to lower sound quality?

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 279
keep reading man...

www.bcae1.com

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4440
500w amp is too weak to push 2 L7s.

J-ville, FL USA

Post Number: 3
ok so what would be the best amp to run them on?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1378
wuts the rms on those subs....if im not mistakin arent they 1000-1500wrms each???

J-ville, FL USA

Post Number: 4
im not sure I got them used and I know they work I just dont know much about them and the guy I got them from got them in his car when he bought it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1379
well i just looked and the rms on those subs are 750 a piece.......soo..a good 1500 watt amp will do..or two 800 watt amps....wuts ur budget

J-ville, FL USA

Post Number: 5
not very much, ive got 2 Orion 12s and that 500w audio amp I can sell or pawn, imma look at some pawn shops and see if they have anything

Gold Member

Post Number: 1381
well i can tell u a few amps sbut thier mighty expensive...just give me a price range

J-ville, FL USA

Post Number: 6
200 max

Gold Member

Post Number: 1383
ur best bet is to buy two of these.....
its alil over 200 and u will still be underpowering them but u have no other choice unless u want to spend more money
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-XENON-X400-1-400W-MONOBLOCK-AMPLIFIER-NEW_W0QQi temZ150012014838QQihZ005QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 777
Before you get an amp, you should state the voice coil config. If they are D4 or D2. It will make a differance on the amp you choose.
And D, Isnt that amp^^^ only 400wrms at 4ohms? ..That would not push a L7. You want to put minimum of 800wrms into each if not more. Thats gonna be hard to do for 200 bucks. But you need to get the voice coil ohms first. You need a amp at 1500wrms at 1 ohms or 4 ohm if the coils are D4, or 1500wrms at .5 ohms, 2 ohms, or 8 ohms if they are D2. Good luck finding an amp. Sell your other stuff and put it towards a Memphis 16-MC1500D if they are D2 or maybe a Crossfire TD1501MD if they are D4.

J-ville, FL USA

Post Number: 7
they are D4

Gold Member

Post Number: 1387
its 400 ohms at 1-4 ohms...and i no its under powering it.......i qoute"ur best bet is to buy two of these.....
its alil over 200 and u will still be underpowering them but u have no other choice unless u want to spend more money
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-XENON-X400-1-400W-MONOBLOCK-AMPLIFIER-NEW_W0QQi temZ150012014838QQihZ005QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"
as u can see i sed he will be underpowering them but with his budget thier no way to get 1600 rms

Bronze Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 71
if you want to drive to orlando, i dont live in florida so i dont know how far this is from you.
http://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/181535357.html
He said he modified the amp to do about 1500 rms and you could probably talk him down on the price.

J-ville, FL USA

Post Number: 8
orlando is like 3 hours from here and with the price of gas i might as well spend and extra 500 bucks

Bronze Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 72
Oh sh!t, yeah nevermind then. I have 2 12" cvx's which are also 750 rms each. i just picked up an amp today from a guy on craigslist in portland. It's a power acoustik A3000DB and it fu(kin pounds my subs. i dont care what everybody says that amp is working nice. I got it for $200. on ebay they go for a little over $300 so its a nice deal since i only had a $300 budget.

J-ville, FL USA

Post Number: 9
well I have a 12" Orion competition in a plexied ported box with a 500w amp and it hits pretty freakin hard so im kind contempt with it... so I now have 2 12" kicker L7s for sale...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us