Eclipse Ti on 600w?

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 178
If a 15 would hit good on that much power is there somewhere you can buy one cheap online?

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 116
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2004

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2005

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
Thanks derek, does that mean that sub would be good on 600w? How much do you know about these subs?

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 126
what amp do you have...it might be under rated or even over rated....the sub is 750 watts so if your amp was a true 600 watts i think it would sound pretty good. i dont know a lot about these subs except what i've read on forums.. this one and j designs.info i havent read anything bad so im assuming they are good

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
Yeah i know they are good subs. I have a memphis mc1000d, its rated at 1100 watts at 1 ohm or 600 at 2 ohms. And isnt there someone on this forum that has one of these subs?

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 121
well buy a 2 ohm eclipse and wire your sub to 1 ohm and keep the gain down youll be fine

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1136
The Ti does not come in dual 2 ohm versions, only dual 4 ohm. I have a 12" Ti running on an Xtant amp that is rated 600 wrms @ 2 ohms. However, this is an Xtant amp and is really producing 750+ wrms. It sounds real good. I think that with the Memphis you would be doing pretty good. You just won't get your full potential out of the sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
Ok thanks for your help. I may just buy another amp so what would work well with that sub?

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1140
Look for anything that does about 700-900 wrms. Don't let anyone tell you that Eclpise Ti's are "rated per voice coil" and that they can handle 1500 wrms, becuase they can't. They can handle much more than 750 wrms escpecially in a sealed enclosure, but not 1500 wrms. Giving it that much is a good way to melt you voice coil. So stick to that power range and good brands for your amp and you will have a great system! :P

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
alright thanks, i plan to put it in a sealed box. Can you recommend an amp? Anywhere up to $400
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us