Kenwood KDC-715S PROBLEM

Username: Grissomb

MD

Post Number: 1
I have a Kenwood KDC-715S and the unit functions properly in all aspects, however, it does not put out ANY SOUND when it is in the AM/FM mode or the CD Mode. Does anyone know what the problem may be with this? Any information helps.

Thanks in advance

Username: Chistoffs

Post Number: 9
Did you install this yourself, or have in professionally installed? If you installed it yourself, pull the unit back out and check the antenna cable. As for the CD mode, I really don't know. Warranty????

MD

Post Number: 2
I did install the unit myself. I also installed it into another vehicle and I had the same problem. This was not my first install either. I had a Pioneer HU prior to this that worked fine. It is not the antenna, or I would hear the "static" sound that you hear when trying to pick up a radio station. You hear nothing at all, not even the static.

Username: Smiley_guy

WellingtonNew zealand

Post Number: 6
m8 if its all wired up properly and the radios not working it sounds like a fault in the stereo maybe blown circuit diode take the back off and have a look to c if anythings burnt out ? that is if it duznt effect your warranty?

MD

Post Number: 3
Yeah, from what I have thought of, it seems like it would be a blown diode/transisto/resistor or something similar. I did open it up and there did not appear to be any blackened parts. The unit is out of warranty. It is prolly about 4 years old. I was just looking to place it in my vehicle as a temporary until I decide to upgrage to a NAVI unit. I will probably open it up again and see if I cant get anything from it. Hell, I may even try to repair it myself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us