DD 3500d

Bronze Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 99
anyone no about how much they cost also how would it compare to a kicker CVX in SPL

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8206
lotz

would kill it...

Bronze Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 100
lol thanks but how much is lotz????????????

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 101
Upload

yay

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 383
i was wanting to know how much they cost also and what is comparable 2 a dd 3500d

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4084
they are in the upper 300 almost 400 range.

i can't think of anything off the top of my head that they compare to.....but they are loud as f*ck.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8625
even though rated 1000wrms each according 2 the pros on DD forum it handles 2000wrms daily driven ....

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 321
the 3500 would destroy a cvx and would sure as h.e.l.l outlast dd's are built like f.u.c.k.i.n.g tanks

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 102
i was just on there website and they are so awesome looking and after everything i hear about them on this forum i think i might have to get a job soon and start saving for a pair

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8209
audioque...makes the same subs and they are cheaper...

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 103
about how much less do they cost because your right Chauncey without being able to see the cone they look identical

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8211
the sd 15" is only $339

Bronze Member
Username: Dadydolas

Post Number: 66
the sd 15 is $129
the hd is $339
shipping is $35 on the hd's
the guy on the phone told me the hd is comparable to the dd 9500

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 104
muddy what do you think is the HD comparable to a 9500 i ask because you seem like Mr. DD on this forum

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 313
the dd2500s kinda suck I had the kicker2500.1 had the gain to half the bass boost to half on 2 10" of those tuned to 70HZ and one sub blew
DD was sayin they can handle twice the power? thats a bunch of bolony, they are very good subs but at least the 2500s anyways arnt very good the gain was only at half which is approx 700 per sub to 1000 persub and those subs were rated at 1000rms so should of handled no problem but didnt:-(

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1158
you tuned your box to 70 hz! you probably played a tone lower than that which is very likely and you blew it.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8214
"the guy on the phone told me the hd is comparable to the dd 9500"

u can tell the diffrence

Gold Member

Post Number: 4090
they are not the same.

the audioque's dont have nearly the cooling capabilites of the DD motor.

that being said, they cannot handle as much power.

BUT.....they will still WIPE THE FLOOR with MANY MANY subs in SQ and SPL.:-O:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4091
the HD is probably closest in performance to the 9500...but the 9500.....is the 9500:-)

the HD's motor doesn't have the patented free flow cooling like the 9500. but they still wang bro.

the mags on the HD are insane they are like 8.7 inches across.

ANDY IS A N00B>>>>>>i have over 900wRMS on my 2510.

i run test tones on it and sine sweeps from 100hz to 40hz on it at full tilt. and i have NEVER had any problems.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1374
andy ur dumb....u blew them cuz u suck....
DD is as good as treo or maybe better..and all treo subs can easily handle twice thier power......so DD should be able to handle more then thier rms cuz they are conservatively rated....look at muddy 900rms in tht 10" 2500

he knows hows how to play a sub u probably beat it up and had sum dumb f\/ck frin f\/ck with ur amp which makes u just as dumb cuz u let ur frin blow a perfectly good sub......dont insult and spill ur bullshit all over the forum im gettin sick of seein it everytime i get on

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8630
Andy - im not here 2 insult u but from what u said its easy 2 figure out y u blew ur sub

kicker 2500 amp - im thinking u do have a ho alt/big 3 , none of this = clip ,clip ,clip ,clip & death of ur sub

Also - if ur box is tuned 70hz thats almost = to a 2" or 3" hole in ur box' surface = stress on ur sub/overexcursion

DD is known 2 be 1 of the world's most durable subs but from ur post it seems like what u did was even too much 4 it .......

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8631
correction for my above post .....

"im thinking u DO NOT have a ho alt/big 3"......

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
i have a extra yellowtop optima battery and a 20farad cap more then enough power dont necessaily need a bigger alt cause when the amperage runs out on it, it just takes from the battery there anyways and u guys suck putting down a guy just cause he blows a sub? u acting like dd is gold king of the montains jeez man calm down their just cra*py subs the gain was at half and iam running 14.4V steady so iam not clipping i did a voltage test!so no the sub did not blow from clipping just cause the 2500's suck!my type X is taking way more power then the 2500 ever did in the same box...and they wernt made for that i know iam getin my new box made rightaway but there handling it fine

Gold Member

Post Number: 4093
no, we are giving you sh1t b/c you blew a DD 2500 with only 700wRMS. and i run mine daily with over 900wRMS. and on the DD website and forum they say they will handle 1200wRMS pretty easily with clean power.

there is a guy on the forum who ran a DD SS1 to one....like 2500watts. and didn't blow it. USER ERROR andy USER ERROR

where is the yellow top? under your hood?
wtf do you have a 20F cap...2.5 would be plenty.

fact of the matter is......if oyu know what you are doing........you can run what you ran on a DD 1000 series and not blow it. read that many times.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1137
"the gain was only at half which is approx 700 per sub to 1000 persub"

"i have a extra yellowtop optima battery and a 20farad cap more then enough power"

thanks for making me laugh andy f, you post some funny a_ss sh!t!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
iam running 14.4 V steady i said so i know iam not clipping it didnt blow from clipping thats 100% i am getin clean power

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 463
And how big is ur alt? Mine is like 140a or 160a, i forget b/c its still stock. And my voltage drops to like 12.9 when im running a 800watt autotek amp, so i know your voltage isnt stayin at a constant 14.4v. Extra caps adn batteries dont help if your alt. if they are emptying power faster than your alt. can charge them up. Seriously man, you didnt blow a 2500 from doing an awesome install and it just being crappy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4095
that an the F***ING BOX......

your box was tuned to 70hz.....as a generality....the LPF on a 10" is around 80hz.

SO, you had a 10hz range of safe playable bass???? nice.

annnnnnnnd, i find it hard to believe you are running 14.4V on a stock alt. and a few yellowtops.....yellowtops don't give that much of a charge.

where did you measure the V from? the batt under the hood or the amp itself.....

i am not saying you can't blow a DD, you defnintely can, maybe it was an old one that had some abuse(like yours)lol.

but i find it hard to beleive you blew a 10" DD 2500 on ONLY 700wRMS or so you say. i dunno
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us