Alpine Head unit

Username: Chistoffs

Post Number: 2
I just installed an Alpine CDA-9856 in an Eclipse 2001. It was a very easy install but my problem is that the plastic trim that surrounds the head unit won't fit past my dash. I was wondering if I need to adjust out the head unit, or buy a dash kit. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3526
Adjust the head unit out. I had the same problem when installing a Panasonic ghost a while back. Dash kits are always a good idea, but you should certainly try adjusting it out before buying one.

Silver Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 122
right on, nice to know that you where a fan of panasonic ghost, this head unit was hit in japan and europe, yes by the way stoffs188 yea you should adjust out the hu

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3577
Yeah, it was a cool feature to see in a head unit, I appreciated them taking on a new design aspect. Unfortunately the quality wasn't that great, but it worked. I also noticed Panasonic dropped their Ghost series of head units a few months (years?) back.

Silver Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 124
yea unfortunately they did drop the ghost series, their new models are pretty good, see panasonic is always gonna be here for their fans, i highly wish that they would support burr brown

Username: Chistoffs

Post Number: 7
Thanks guys, but the problem is the mounting screw holes are offset and I can't pull it out anymore to line up the holes. Should I just do a dash kit?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3601
It sounds like it's your only alternative...and I know how bad a head unit can look without a trim ring ;)

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1094
i don't believe the 2001 Eclipse need a dash kit, its a standard one DIN size, i'll have to take a look at my co-workers but I don't remember needing one for his. If its like my Galant there is a small space thats too small for a trim ring to go around it. I could squeeze one in but then the deck won't swing down. You mayhave to shave some of it.

Username: Rin

Post Number: 1
Help, I am trying to find a manual for my alpine CDA-7844 does anyone know where I can find one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us