Kenwood Ez500

Bronze Member
Username: Zyraell

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 38
A friend of mine has a Kenwood Ez500, and he asked me to help him find the preout impedance of his HU. He found his book, but the way they worded it has us confused. Do we go by Auxiliary Imput( which is 100 ohms). Or do we go by Preout impedance (which is 600 ohms). When we put his amp in we are really trying not to screw anything up.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3492
The impedance won't affect anything. It just tells you how clean the input signal to the amp would be-it's actually a better factor in determining RCA sound quality than preout voltage is, but that's a long discussion saved for an engineering class...

The preout impedance is the one you that you're looking for, though, as I said, it isn't necessary to know for hooking up an amp as you can hook up any amp you want regardless of the impedance.

Bronze Member
Username: Zyraell

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 39
Thanks for the reply Jexx. So basically we need to just turn up volume about half way up and then turn up the gain until it destorts and then back it down about half a turn to tune his amp. Basically we are worried about burning up the amp. We both got deals on a Audiobahn A8000v and we are going to use his as the geini pig (Iknow I spelled that wrong, but hey I had to go to a dinner date with the GF and I have been drinking hehe) as to what the amp can do at 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3498
Yep.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us