Which components would you go with? Please help me ASAP

Bronze Member
Username: 69_ohm_stable

Post Number: 26
I have a 2001 pontiac bonneville that I am putting two Diamond audio D3 15's in. I am powering them with an MTX thunder 942 amplifier. I was talking to one of the tech. support guys and he told me that with the amount of air that those subs are gonna be moving, I shouldn't even bother putting and speakers in the rear deck and that I should just invest in a great pair of components for my front stage. He said that it would take some getting used to since I really enjoy rear fill for loudness, but that a system with a strong front stage with no rear fill can actually sound better. So here is my question to you guys. Which component set would you go with? Diamond audio Hex series 6 1/2's or image dynamics CXS62 components? I know that the ID's are 2 ohms and can handle more power but a guy at a local shop told me that the diamonds have a better mid bass that I will need since I am running 15's. Please help me! I am gonna buy them next week! Oh and by the way I am running the components off of a MTX thunder 684 amplifier. In case you want to see them, here are the specs:
120 Watt - 2 Ohm - THD 0.3% - 12.5V DC - 4 channel(s)
60 Watt - 4 Ohm - THD 0.3% - 12.5V DC - 4 channel(s)
240 Watt - 4 Ohm - THD 0.3% - 12.5V DC - 2 channel(s)
170 Watt - 2 Ohm - 14.4V DC - 4 channel(s)
85 Watt - 4 Ohm - 14.4V DC - 4 channel(s)
340 Watt - 4 Ohm - 14.4V DC - 2 channel(s)
but on the birth certificate it said that my was rated at 593 watts overall at 12.5
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us