5 1/4 Components

Bronze Member
Username: Poremski1628

Post Number: 29
Im looking to put in new 5 1/4 components i already ahve an mtx thunder 4244 its 55watts x 4 into a 4 ohm load 100watts x 4 into a 2 ohm load. I want a good set of components below $175 any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1078
so i'm thinking the bridged loads would be around 100x2@4ohm, if you I can set you up with some CDT EF-51 for about that price. They will work well off the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 203
I run Polk db5250s and I think they sound great. I only have the running off the 22W RMS my deck puts out so I imagine they'd sound great amped.

Bronze Member
Username: Poremski1628

Post Number: 32
thanks, any one else with any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1084
I'D LIKE TO KNOW A DECK THAT PUTS OUT 22RMS UNLESS ITS THOSE ALPINE'S THAT NEEDED THE EXTERNAL POWER INPUT TO POWER THE AMP.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3990
I just bought a Alpine CDA-9813 brand new off ebay from a guy that bought it at circuit city and never got around to installing it.

It has a v-drive internal amp that puts out about 22-27rms and requires you to run a 10-12 gauge power wire to the battery to take advantage of the internal amp otherwise you can turn off the internal amp for better SQ if you add a larger external amp which i plan to do. Great HU either way.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2555
thats a killer HU MO, i had one before i got the 880. still got it, i just put it in my brother's car. one of the last good HU's Alpine made.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3992
I had one other Alpine HU before and i was pleased with it and heard great things about this 9813 so i snatched one of the only new ones i saw on ebay the moment i saw it for $220 shipped. Perhaps you can save me some time by guiding me thru it once i get it installed.

Did you ever use the MX feature ? If so what level ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us