Question about power wire gauge for a Audiobahn A8000v

Bronze Member
Username: Zyraell

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 32
I just got the amp the other day and I was thinking of changing the power wire from my battery from a 8 gauge wire to a 4 gauge wire, but I looked on the amp and their is no way that I will be able to because the terminal on the amp isn't big enough to hook a 4 gauge wire to it. I don't have this amp installed in my truck yet, but my question is this. To run the amp at 800 watts at 2 ohms will I need to change the power wire from the battery to the capasitor atleast, or will I be ok to use 8 gauge wire for it all? Why the hell would you put such small terminals on a amplifier anyways?!!!!

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 917
They probably put a small terminal on because it saved them a nickel.

I would just run the 4 ga if I were you - use a razor blade to trim the diamater at the amp until it fits. Since the reduced size would be such a short length it will make no difference electrically.

If nothing else - definitely run 4 ga to your cap, if only have to go a foot or 2 with 8 ga from there to the amp you shouldn't have a problem.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 444
you should be able to fit 4 guage in that terminal i had the a6004t and i fit 4guage into it so just try

Bronze Member
Username: Poremski1628

Post Number: 27
I have that exact amp and i fit 4 gauge wire into it. it took a little twisting and a little patience but it will fit.

Bronze Member
Username: Zyraell

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 33
This won't even be a real problem if the amp didn't have a plastic cover over the f*cking termials. It making things harder then it needs to be. I'm gonna try to shove the 4 gauge wire into the terminal though. Better to play it safe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us