Alpine 872 verified cities, Pioneer z1 lockouts..

Username: Relees

Altadena, CA United States

Post Number: 1
Hello all..
will be installing a complete system in my new (used) car.
I have a garmin 2610 with an eclipse sound system in the old one and hope to reuse parts or it (if not all) but am interested in perhaps installing a complete system around the alp 872 and iva 200
noticed the post on when the 872 was to be released, and read with particular interest the part regarding verified cities..
the garmin by the way, has a complete map of Augusta and is over a year old,, I then called alpine about this issue and they were less than helpful, confused in fact..
I then called up Navtech and talked at length with a tech there, who said that actually Navtech updates the data base constantly and that it was up to the companies who use the data (alpine, garmin etc) as to when they want to compile the data and supply it to the end users in the form of update dvds... once a year , once every 18 months etc etc . But that every customer has access to the complete navtech data base at all times.

SO with this in mind have you all received update discs from Alpine and is the 872 now as good as a honda in at least this regard?
would like to know - it would be nice too if Alp has improved the voice recognition feature... (nice work from the bbs member who actually counted up the commands)
THe other candidate is the Pioneer z1 double din, so I would ask how have our folks here dealt with the lockout issues with respect to operating the unit while traveling, as well.

thanks

rl
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us