Speaker posistions?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigjay

Post Number: 74
Ok, in GM trucks, 1500/2500/3500 series trucks, they carry a 6-speaker Bose sound system. Looks like 2 speakers in the front doors, 2 speakers in the rear doors and 2 tweeters in the dash trim along the windsheild. They also carry a single sub in the center compartment with an amp. Are those speakers good speakers to keep or would it be a better benefit to remove all of those and put in something different? I am wanting to pick up an 2006 GMC Sierra 2500 truck and I would like to put in a new head unit and put some subs in under the rear seat but I wanted to see if I need to order the truck with or without the Bose system and if I order it with the bose system, should I leave the speakers as is and not worry about upgrading them or should I remove them.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2512
if you like it, then keep it. if not, get one without the bose system because they can be a pain to take out to go aftermarket.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigjay

Post Number: 75
As far as the BOSE system goes, I have heard it and it does have some good sound to it but I can't say it sounds any better than any normal stock system. My parents have a 2004 GMC Yukon and it has the 9 speaker BOSE system in it and I have driven that some and I can't say it sounds any better than any other stock that I have in any of my cars already.

So the question I have is, compared to what is out there, should I just get the truck without the BOSE system in it? I personally have always liked the sound that I have heard from Infinity and my plans are to do this:

Replace the HU
Replace the front speakers witn components
replace the rears with just better speakers
add a sub box and 2 10" subs under the rear seat
Amps for both the subs and the door speakers

Any suggestions on what I should do here based on your own experiences with GM and the BOSE system? I do want to keep price of the stuff down if possible but if it costs more to have a good sounding system in place then that is what I want to do.

I also have no need for video so just sound and I am going to be putting in an IPod hookup for the HU.

Bronze Member
Username: Atllefty12

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 83
MY mom has a 06 trailblazer with bose in it. It's nothing special, save the money and dont get the upgraded speakers. Get the basic and the replace them with these http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1141

and power them with this
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=245
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us