Satellite Radio Install

Username: Sanlc

New Orleans, LA

Post Number: 3
Hey all, I recently bought a DEH-P7800MP and installed it myself in my 1998 Chevy Tahoe to save some money. Now, I want to get Satellite Radio due to the poor selection of radio stations where I live. No matter which one I choose, XM or Sirius, the installation should be identical. However, this is where I need help.

Where is the optimal mounting position for the satellite radio tuner? I know I have to plug it into the Bus port on the back of the Pioneer unit, but I'm not sure where a good place to mount the tuner would be. Also, regarding the Antenna, where is the optimal place to put it? I was thinking about trying to wire it through the roof, but I'm trying to figure out how difficult that would be. Any help is appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3444
You would save yourself some money and a lot of time by purchasing a plug and play unit instead...

But, there isn't an optimal position for the tuner, just wherever it fits and doesn't look like trash I guess, it's subjective-no matter where you mount it, as long as all the necessary wiring can be hooked up to it, it doesn't matter. If the cable is long enough, I would mount it under the front passenger's seat.

The antenna will work the best around the windows. I myself have it on the far right of the front windshield down in the corner. If you want to wire it outside of the car, that's fine too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us